Company: Airlines Reporting Corporation
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Location: US-VA-ArlingtonJob ID: 2022-2151# of Openings:
1Category: LegalAbout The Role:** ARC requires all employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19. We will consider medical and religious
accommodations as required by law **As a Senior Counsel, you will
review, negotiate and advise ARC in all aspects of the law with a
primary focus in the following key areas: Commercial Data
Contracts, Data privacy and security, anti-trust, and general
commercial and vendor contracting.What You'll Get to Do:
- Draft, negotiate and review complex commercial transactions for
sales, vendor, and industry partnership engagements.
- Review and resolve legal issues that arise in various
commercial relationships including IP, antitrust, securities,
privacy and data security, and marketing. .
- Provide legal counsel to ARC as part of its involvement in
numerous industry-wide committees, including review of agenda and
summary report materials and attendance at meetings.
- Respond to subpoenas and lawsuits filed against ARC, and engage
and supervise outside counsel on litigation involving ARC in state,
bankruptcy and federal courts around the country
- Provide advice and counsel to ARC's accreditation and
settlement services, including drafting and review of updates to
all customer agreements.
- Lead the arbitration process involving travel agent-related
- Support ARC's Risk Management Council; Provide guidance to
ARC's Audit Committee regarding compliance issues
- Serve as primary legal counsel for corporate policies including
compliance, privacy, government investigations, and data release.
Collaborate with outside legal counsel on issues requiring
specialized knowledge or experienceYou'll Bring These
- Juris Doctor
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Member in good standing of the bar(s) in either DC, MD, or VA
(VA preferred, or ability to become licensed in VA in a reasonable
time frame)You'll Also Bring These Professional Skills:
- Team player able to work collaboratively with ARC's current
- Possess a high degree of emotional intelligence, an exceptional
work ethic, and the poise, presence, and integrity to earn the
trust and confidence of colleagues and ARC's partners and
- Successful self-starter -- extremely proactive and energetic,
with the desire to hit the ground running each day and the ability
to independently own matters.
- Results oriented -- excited about the role and being a key
contributor to the team; enjoys working hard, putting in the
requisite hours and has the focus to get things done.
- Possess natural curiosity and must be highly analytical,
capable of questioning assumptions and making judgments with an
open mind and based upon facts.
- Strong communication skills -- possess excellent written and
oral communication skills, with a close attention to detail and a
keen understanding of the audience.
- Business minded -- ability to proactively analyze risks and
provide business-minded advice and recommendations to thoughtfully
drive ARC's continued success and growth.
- Collaborative mindset in order to facilitate leadership within
the legal group as well as to provide credible influence throughout
the companyWhat We Can Offer You:
- Joining ARC means joining a team that is motivated, diverse,
creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big,
embrace challenges, and explore new ideas to lead the way for the
- Our employees value the hands-on learning and professional
development opportunities that allow them to expand their skills
and grow their career in new, dynamic ways.
- We offer a highly competitive, comprehensive benefits package
so you can worry less and focus on what truly matters.
- By joining ARC, you will partner with top minds in the industry
as we use data and technology to innovate how the world travels.EOE
M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to
Keywords: Airlines Reporting Corporation, Arlington , Senior Counsel, Legal , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!