Senior Regulatory Affairs Counsel
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Working closely with the General Counsel, Vice President, Global
Regulatory Affairs and other executives in the Company, the
individual in this position performs a wide variety of tasks
designed to maximize the Company's effectiveness in dealing with
U.S. and foreign government regulatory agencies, other governmental
bodies, as well as the Company's trade associations. As a member of
the Legal Department, the individual also assists on general legal
matters for the Company, including commercial transactions,
government contracting, litigation and compliance. Also, the
individual will have the opportunity to be actively involved in
government affairs and public policy matters, as necessary and
- Liaises with the U.S. Department of Transportation ("DOT") on
fitness, citizenship, compliance and related regulatory
- Supports Company efforts to acquire new route rights and to
renew or transfer existing route rights.
- Participates in DOT and FAA proceedings in which Company has an
- Represents Company in air service negotiations between Unite
States and other countries.
- Interfaces with U.S. Executive Branch to enforce rights under
air services agreements.
- Assists Flight Operations Department secure scheduled and
charter permits to fly to other countries and complete related
tasks, including foreign branch registration.
- Advises Sales & Marketing and Flight Operations Departments
about traffic rights, flight restrictions and international
regulation of commercial arrangements.
- Drafts commercial aviation agreements, including wet-lease,
code-share, block-space and agency agreements.
- Working collaboratively with the Government Relations team,
helps to develop and advocates for Company's aviation policy
- Other activities include: monitoring DOT and other regulatory
agency activities; maintaining DOT route listings; assisting
Company on "as requested" basis with other U.S. regulatory agencies
( g., FAA, CBP, TSA, FDA, OFAC); advocacy before foreign regulatory
agencies; counseling Company on antitrust, anti-corruption and data
privacy issues; participating in Airlines for America and Cargo
Airline Association activities; lobbying about pending legislation
and potential Executive Branch actions; counseling on regulatory
aspects of loan documents and SEC filings; and assisting with
trademark, commercial and litigation matters, as required.
- Juris Doctor degree at accredited law school.
- Minimum of five years of substantive experience in U.S.
regulatory matters, in house, at a government agency and/or at a
highly regarded law firm.
- General knowledge of U.S. and foreign government regulation of
commercial aviation, including underlying laws and conventions, or
interest in acquiring such knowledge.
- Helpful to have general understanding of airline practices and
airline industry economics.
- Bar admission required. Willingness to pursue NY Bar admission
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to
afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age,
disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other
characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with
federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the
Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay
Keywords: Atlas Air, Inc, Arlington , Senior Regulatory Affairs Counsel, Legal , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!