Legal Assistant (Management Analyst I) EOIR
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Legal Assistant (Management Analyst I) EOIR
CGI Federal is seeking a Legal Assistant to support the Department
of Justice Executive Office of Immigration Review.
- Responds to inquiries in and out of the courtrooms
- Input case information in database management system
- Provides information to Judges, Court Administrator and Support
- Communicates with the Department of Homeland Security,
Corrections Department, USCIS and/or other agencies
- Answers and transfers telephone calls
- Review charging documents, schedule/reschedule cases, update
CASE records, and update/maintain Records of Proceedings
- Run and maintain court calendars, prepare orders and hearing
notices, process motions and legal correspondence
- Creates written documents and prepares correspondence
- Processes and distributes mail, correspondence, memoranda, and
other written material. Including but not limited to:o Sorting and
distribution of all Filings received by court
o Incoming and outgoing BIA/FOIA Receipts and Distribution
o Returned Mail Receipt/Processing/Distribution
o Motions and Applications data entry
o Processing/Distribution of daily filings made at the Reception
o Receipt/Distribution of E-33 forms
o Log in "Utilities" E33s of cases not yet received
o General Mail Receipt/Distribution to the staff/judges'
o COVs intake and Distribution
o Outgoing USPS Mail and FED-X
- Assists Immigration Judges in court hearings with
administrative duties, e.g., receive and distribute documents to
parties, print out judge's orders, update CASE management system,
- Covers front window lobby area (receives and directs visitors
at the reception window, receives and advises public in the
- File ROPs and correspondence, retire closed cases to the
Federal Records Center
- Prepare ROPs for attorney review
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Any combination of related experience as an administrative
assistant, paralegal, legalsecretary, program assistant or related
- Experience with various software, i.e., Windows XP,
WordPerfect, MS Word, Lotus 1 2 3,Excel, and Quattro Pro.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to successfully complete a CGI Background Investigation
to include, 50 StateCriminal, Education, Employment, Credit and
Driving Records Checks to start employment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government Security
Clearance (Moderate RiskPublic Trust) to start employment.
- Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship
- Possible travel (depends on the needs of the business)
- Some bending and lifting WILL be required (MUST be able to lift
approx.. 30 lbs)
- Possible filing may be required.
- This is an expected 40 hour work week position
This job description is not all inclusive, there may be other job
responsibilities that may arise outside of what is listed
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is
only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to
apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not
include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Arlington , Legal Assistant (Management Analyst I) EOIR, Legal , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!