Field Service Technician
Company: Battelle Uk Limited
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Battelle delivers when others can't. We conduct research and
development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture
products and deliver critical services for our clients-whether they
are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Technician to support the
maintenance of security equipment for the Department of Homeland
Security Transportation Security Administration (DHS - TSA). This
position is located in multiple locations:
Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport (BHM)
Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Miami International Airport (MIA)
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
Pensacola International Airport (PNS)
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)
Tampa International Airport (TPA)
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport (BTR)
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN)
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU)
Charleston International Airport (CHS)
Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE)
Nashville International Airport (BNA)
Memphis International Airport (MEM)
McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS)
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Norfolk International Airport (ORF)
Richmond International Airport (RIC)
Cyril E. King Airport (STT)
The Field Service Technician will perform general maintenance
tasks, troubleshoots and repair security screening systems and
peripheral equipment located throughout the organization. Work
involves most of the following:
- Examining machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source
- Dismantling or partly dismantling machines and performing
repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools and fitting
- Replacing broken or defective parts with items obtained from
- Ordering replacement parts from vendors or sending parts for
- Recording repair process.
- Prepare written specifications for major repairs.
- Reassembling machines and making all necessary adjustments for
- Prepares progress reports for all work performed.
- Battelle will provide equipment training and certification to
repair government owned equipment.
- Travel will be reimbursed at the government per-diem rates.
- Repair and maintain equipment.
- Conduct safety tests of x-ray emissions and radioactive
- Record logs.
- Collect and transfer data.
- Communicate with airport personnel.
- Prepare reports.
- Work at airport locations.
- Work on call, which includes airport off hours, nights and
- Associate degree with 3 years of experience assembling or
maintaining electro-mechanical equipment; or an equivalent
combination of education and or experience.
- Attend training and obtain OEM certifications
- Understand hardware and software.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with a
multi-faceted team, including federal clients and vendors.
- Ability to multitask under tight deadlines.
- Ability to lift parts up to 70 pounds, climb inside equipment,
climb ladders, bend over, squat, and work in tight spaces or areas
which are not environmentally controlled.
- Eligibility and willingness to obtain a Secret Clearance and
- Must be sole U.S. Citizen.
- Associate degree with 5 years of experience assembling or
maintaining electro-mechanical equipment.
- Experience maintaining airport screening equipment.
- OEM Certification.
Benefits: Live an Extraordinary Life
We care about your well-being, not just on the job. Battelle offers
comprehensive and competitive benefits to help you live your best
- Balance life through a compressed work schedule: Most of our
team follows a flexible, compressed work schedule that allows for
every other Friday off-giving you a dedicated day to accomplish
things in your personal life without using vacation time.
- Take time to recharge: You get paid time off to support
work-life balance and keep motivated.
- Prioritize wellness: Stay healthy with medical, dental, and
vision coverage with wellness incentives and benefits plus a
variety of optional supplemental benefits.
- Better together: Coverage for partners, gender-affirming care
and health support, and family formation support.
- Build your financial future: Build financial stability with an
industry-leading 401(k) retirement savings plan. For most
employees, we put in 5 percent whether you contribute or not, and
match your contributions on top of that.
- Advance your education: Tuition assistance is available to
pursue higher education.
- Flexible work arrangements: You have options for where you work
and when you work.
A Work Environment Where You Succeed
For brilliant minds in science, technology, engineering and
business operations, Battelle is the place to do the greatest good
by solving humanity's most pressing challenges and creating a
safer, healthier and more secure world.
You will have the opportunity to thrive in a culture that inspires
- Apply your talent to challenging and meaningful projects
- Receive select funding to pursue ideas in scientific and
- Collaborate with world-class experts in an inclusive
- Nurture and develop the next generation of scientific
- Give back to and improve our communities
Vaccinations & Safety Protocols
Battelle may require employees, based on job duties, work location,
and/or its clients' requirements to follow certain safety protocols
and to be vaccinated against a variety of viruses, bacteria, and
diseases as a condition of employment and continued employment and
to provide documentation that they are fully vaccinated. If
applicable, Battelle will provide reasonable accommodations based
on a qualified disability or medical condition through the
Americans with Disabilities Act or the Rehabilitation Act or for a
sincerely held religious belief under Title VII of the Civil Rights
Act of 1964 (and related state laws).
Battelle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment
and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and
growth according to individual merit, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age,
genetic information, disability, veteran-status veteran or military
status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable
Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to
have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and
to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support
positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full
utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level
of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
activities and skills required of staff members. No statement
herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle
unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal
For more information about our other openings, please visit
Keywords: Battelle Uk Limited, Arlington , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!