Project Engineer - Software
Posted on: September 19, 2022
In-Q-TelIn-Q-Tel is an Affirmative Action Employer who values
diversity in the workplace.
EOE/M/F/disability/vetsUS-VA-ArlingtonJob ID 2Category Engineering
Overview Company Overview:In-Q-Tel (IQT) is a not-for-profit that
serves and powers the national security interests of the U.S. and
its allies, providing the most sophisticated source of strategic
technical knowledge, insights, and capabilities. IQT powers its
partners ahead of the curve through cutting-edge research,
strategic investments, exploration and applied research, and
acceleration of capabilities. Benefit Overview: IQT understands
that life is more than your 9-5. We offer a wide variety of
benefits designed to support the whole person including but not
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Unlimited Time Off
- Tuition & Professional Development Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment & College Savings
- Parental Leave
- Family Forming Support
- Child/Elder Care Support
- Gym Stipend
- Wellness Perks
- Telework & Flexible ScheduleVisit our website to learn more!
Job Overview:Ideal candidates want a broader view of technology
across today's software and hardware stack. Our Project Engineers
(PEs) regularly work with a range of software solutions that span a
variety of industries including cloud computing, data science, data
engineering, machine learning, IT operations, and cybersecurity.
The technologies emanate from early-stage start-ups that IQT has
identified, evaluated, and invested in on behalf of our government
partners. This individual has experience working across many
technologies/projects and wants the chance to guide progressive
early-stage startups in supporting the Intelligence Community and
Department of Defense missions. It's ok if you consider yourself a
system engineer or a product manager, but you should have technical
experience in addition to systems thinking in a technology
eco-system. If you're looking to join a passionate team of
'go-getters' and the ability to work with cutting-edge
technologies, we'd love to meet you. Responsibilities
- Apply systems thinking to effectively move technology from the
commercial space to our government partners.
- Review and evaluate portfolio companies' products and/or
services to ascertain whether it is functional using systems
- Serve as a technical expert for multiple companies throughout a
development effort and government evaluation of the
- Monitor and react to any technical concerns or feedback
throughout the work program, while translating critical technical
risks/issues into an actionable plan as they arise.
- Proactively address issues that help companies meet a range of
government partner needs and inquires.
- Serve as a technologist for the organization; take creative
ideas from concept to design to operation. Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; PE's interact
regularly with government partners, portfolio companies, and across
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new domains and technologies
across the entire hardware and software spectrum.
- Experience in one or more of the following is a plus:
- Cloud infrastructure technologies
- AI/ML applications
- Data analytics
- Large-scale data systems
- Multilingual translation tools
- Geospatial analytic tools
- Computer vision
- Video analytic products
- SaaS products
- Cybersecurity solutions
- Skills with one or more of the following is a plus:
- Software development
- Network security
- Network traffic analysisCandidates with active top-secret
clearance preferred; at a minimum, candidate must be eligible to
obtain and maintain a U.S. government security clearance.To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: In-Q-Tel, Arlington , Project Engineer - Software, IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!