Senior Scrum Master
Company: Bloomberg Industry Group
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Full timeThe Senior Scrum Master role is critical to the
adoption, implementation and maintenance of Agile processes,
principles, and practices. The Senior Scrum Master works closely
with multiple teams, acting as servant leader by ensuring clear
communication and helping the team reach its goal by focusing on
transparency, predictability, and quality to drive continuous
improvement. This individual will lead by example, is knowledgeable
about Agile methodology, and is driven to promote an environment of
experimentation, innovation, and continuous improvement.Primary
- Serves as scrum master for two or more teams.
- Facilitates discussions of complex, high value IT delivery
- Works closely with team to identify and act on opportunities
- Works closely with product owners and other team members to
ensure vision, roadmaps and personas are well defined and
dependencies are understood.
- Coaches stakeholders in best ways to interact with assigned
- Proactively identifies impediments and works to remove them by
communicating with team members, stakeholders, or leadership,
escalating if required.
- Acts as an advocate for Agile and Scrum methodology.
- Acts as mentor/coach to other Scrum Masters, Agile team
members, and stakeholders.
- Promotes and leads continuous improvement initiatives across
the organization, including but not limited to communities of
practice, hackathons, improvement communities and design
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by applying metrics
to identify areas of improvement.
- Promotes Change Management - Scaling Agile, release planning
and dependency management.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
- Working knowledge of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence,
- Current expertise in the Agile space, exemplified by ongoing
education in Agile frameworks, conference attendance, meetups and
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong project planning and process improvement skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills including influencing and
- Collaboration skills and abilities.
- Strong project management skills.Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Current CSM, PMI-ACP, or similar Scrum Master
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience. At least 3+ years as a
practicing Scrum Master.
- Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including
Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, etc.Special Requirements
- N/ABloomberg Industry Group IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment
Opportunity. Bloomberg Industry Group has adopted an Affirmative
Action Program to ensure that all applicants and employees are
considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or familial status,
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical issues, genetic
information, disabled veteran, veteran, a veteran of the Vietnam
Era, or any other classification protected by law.INDG requires all
employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of
employment.Prospective and/or new employees will be required to
adhere with INDG's vaccination policy. All INDG employees must be
fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their
first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek a
medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement but
must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their
Keywords: Bloomberg Industry Group, Arlington , Senior Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!