Director of Software Engineering
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Join a growing healthcare analytics start up leveraging the
latest in NLP and ML to improve health processes and patient
This Jobot Job is hosted by Kyle Shaw
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $150,000 - $200,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We are a healthcare analytics startup that uses NLP to draw
insights and data from medical records and provide healthcare
providers with insights into patient outcomes, morbidity, etc, all
in a effort to improve patient care experiences and patient
We are entering an exciting growth chapter in which we are seeking
a director of engineering to lead our tech team of 10 individuals
(made up of Devs, QA, DevOps, and Data Science). We are seeing a
individual who comes from the start up space and loves to build
things from the ground up. This role will wear multiple hats,
working 20-30% hands on to help with architectural decisions for
our cloud and application environment, and this individual should
feel comfortable looking at code and providing guidance to
developers should they need assistance.
We are seeking someone with the below background
- Experience leading engineering teams working with Python
microservices (Django or Flask) or JVM Languages (Scala, Golang,
- Loves agile and has experience establishing best development
practices along the full SDLC
- Experience in the start-up space managing small teams
- Deep technical expertise and an understanding of platform
- Experience with cloud architecture (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Understanding of DevOps and experience with
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the healthcare space (healthcare IT, EHR, claims,
imaging, genomics, etc)
- Experience processing data at scale
- Experience with streaming concepts such as Kafka, Kinesis, or
other data ingestion tools
- ML or NLP experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field
Why join us?
You'll have the chance to join a early stage start up and take on a
ton of ownership towards decisions made as we build and grow our
robust analytics product.
We also offer competitive base salary, equity, and benefits.
- Lead the engineering team and manage / train junior staff
- Make architectural decisions for both the application and cloud
- Assist in code reviews, and establish best processes for our
- Collaborate with Product developmenet and sales teams to
develop overall product roadmap
- Lead innovation opportunities around cloud and data
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Arlington , Director of Software Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!