Senior Software Engineer, Data
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Founded in 2005 by supply chain risk management expert Jennifer
Bisceglie, we have grown into the largest and most influential
player in the emerging operational resilience space. This past July
we achieved $100 million dollars in Series C funding led by the
investment firm Night Dragon, with additional participation from
Series A and B investors Kleiner Perkins and Venrock. This latest
round of funding brings Interos' valuation to $1billion, earning us
Based in Arlington, Va., Interos' breakthrough SaaS platform
leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to model the
entire business ecosystems of companies into a living global map.
Users can drill down to any single supplier, anywhere - helping
businesses and government organizations reduce risk, avoid
operational disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior
resilience and performance. We have seen hypergrowth in the past 3
years and continue to expand our team across the US and several
countries in Europe.
You want to solve problems you can't just Google answers for. You
want to deal with real big data in real products that real people.
You want exposure to cutting edge tech including real machine
learning at scale, graph databases, and predictive modeling. And
you want it all in a high-growth startup.
Join the close-knit engineer team at Interos that conceptualizes
and develops our industry-leading data-driven Interos Knowledge
Graph. Hone your skills in an agile, test-driven environment and
have a measurable impact on a well-established rapidly expanding
At Interos, Senior Data Software Engineers have a deep
understanding of Data Modeling, Python fundamentals and
architecture. They consistently deliver large features that provide
significant value to our customers. Senior Engineers regularly
review large sections of our product, making sure things don't
'fall through the cracks'. They collaborate well with others, seek
input from teammates, and provide detailed code reviews.
- Assume responsibility for key parts of the Interos Knowledge
- Translate Data Science experimental code into tested,
production ready modules.
- Create connectors for ingesting data from third party
databases, APIs, and web sites.
- Optimize data structures, improve code execution, and reduce
memory consumption of existing implementation.
- Develop JSON APIs and micro.
Technology We Use:
- We build architecture with Python.
- We use Elasticsearch for search.
- We use Prefect for Dataflow Automation.
- We use Kafka for Event Streaming.
- We use Kubernetes for deployment.
- We use Postgres & Snowflake for our persistent
- We use Databricks for ML prototyping.
- We use AWS for our infrastructure.
- We develop against services in the cloud.
- We keep our projects up-to-date with current versions.
- 6+ years of experience in Software Development.
- 3+ years of full-time professional Python experience including
production experience with data pipelines.
- A seasoned engineer who enjoys sharing your experience with the
- Passionate about writing code that is scalable, maintainable,
reusable, and well-tested.
- Interested in building reliable, fault-tolerant,
- Feel comfortable debugging large applications and refactoring
them to well-tested components and services.
- Have experience designing, implementing, and maintaining APIs
as a service for your team and customers.
- Comfortable interacting with a range of audiences (technical
and business stakeholders).
- Have experience in an agile environment.
- Enjoy optimizing complex data models for comprehension and
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field
or a foreign equivalent.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory
- Travel Requirements: This position may require up to 10%
travel. Frequent travel is outside the local area and
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office
environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical
requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds;
visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and
manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic
office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking,
twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working
conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
- Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires
only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges
for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on
the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $120,000 -
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Interos is required to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042
mandating employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. All Interos
employees must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19, unless you
have a legally valid medical or religious reason. Any requests for
exemptions based on medical or sincerely held religious beliefs
will be evaluated confidentially by our Chief People Officer after
*Fully vaccinated means an individual must have received their
second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or the single dose of
the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Family Planning reimbursement
- Legal Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Child Tutoring Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday
Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will
consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status
or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in
the application process, please contact
Keywords: Interos, Arlington , Senior Software Engineer, Data, IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!