Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Company: BAI Incorporated
Posted on: May 8, 2022
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) will perform
oversight and management functions for Special Access Program
Facility (SAPF) Local Area Networks (LAN) and standalone
information systems. The ISSO will perform tasks and functions in
the areas of (1) Cybersecurity, (2) Assessment & Authorization
(A&A), (3) Media Control, (4) Electronic Hardware, (5) Security
Investigations, and (6) Cybersecurity Training and Awareness. The
ISSO shall perform the following specific functions/tasks:
* Investigate and report on any anomalous information found during
system audits of servers, workstations, networking devices, or
other devices capable of producing auditable events on a physical
or virtual machine.
* Maintain the A&A of all IT systems and assist in obtaining
and maintaining an Authority to Operate (ATO) for the Enterprise
assigned security impact levels for Confidentiality, Integrity, and
Availability in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
as implemented by the JSIG.
* Assist in maintaining A&A documentation including System
Security Plan (SSP), Concept of Operations (CONOPS), policies and
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Security Control Traceability
Matrix (SCTM), General Users Guide (GUG), and Privileged Users
* Assist in creating Security Assessment Plans and perform tasks in
support of remediation Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M),
Security Assessment Reports (SAR), or other activities that support
a current ATO.
* Assist in all functions primary to Configuration Management,
POA&M resolution/tracking, Vulnerability Management, and
* Update and maintain assured file transfer SOPs and support and
execute proper destruction of all electronic media in accordance
with approved SOPs.
* Validate the proper sanitization of all electronic hardware prior
to release in accordance with approved SOPs.
* Support security investigations with government direction for
system security incidents; notify the government of incidents
immediately; deliver incident reports to government security
manager within 24 hours; deliver final incident reports within 24
hours after incidents are closed; and participate in investigations
as directed by government security manager.
* Coordinate with security manager in the development,
implementation, and delivery of an initial and annual refresher
Security Education Training and Awareness (SETA) program for the
* Current Department of Defense Top Secret / Sensitive
Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Clearance.
* Previous demonstrated significant experience conducting ISSO
tasks for DoD SAPs or other U.S. government-equivalent
compartmented access programs is required.
* At least 5 years' work experience in a classified environment
providing comprehensive information systems security support.
* At least 5 years' Information Assurance experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Software Engineering or related field
* Security +, CISSP, CISM, or other DoD approved certification
* Demonstrated experience implementing RMF
* Working knowledge of MS Office software suite to including
Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point; knowledge of computer
* Ability to multi-task and work in an extremely fast paced
* Pleasant demeanor, professional presentation, telephone courtesy,
excellent writing ability, and outstanding communication skills,
both written and oral.
BAI, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Celebrating 20 years of successful Business, BAI - one of Inc.
Magazine's 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies In America - has
built a strong reputation upon the excellence of our carefully
selected employees and the comprehensive, innovative solutions we
provide to our government clients. BAI employees are
customer-focused, cleared professionals with the education and
experience to support a wide spectrum of science and technology,
management, analytical, administrative, security, and
IT/cybersecurity mission areas. From managing research and
education programs in homeland security-related fields to reviewing
critical technology acquisition initiatives for compliance with
international arms control agreements, our forward-thinking
employees are continually positioned to make a positive impact on
our country's safety, security, and resilience, now and in the
Keywords: BAI Incorporated, Arlington , Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!