Junior Security Systems Administrator
Company: ShorePoint, Inc
Posted on: April 10, 2021
ShorePoint is a cybersecurity services firm with a focus on
high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who
demand experience and proven security models to protect their data.
We are seeking a Junior Security Systems Administrator who has
experience testing, implementing, deploying, maintaining, and
administering dedicated cyber defense hardware and software in the
federal market. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth,
development and culture of an exciting and emerging company in the
cybersecurity market. Roles and Responsibilities
- Tests, implements, deploys, maintains, and administers
dedicated cyber defense hardware and software. Performs system
administration on specialized cyber defense applications and
systems (e.g., antivirus, audit and remediation) or Virtual Private
Network (VPN) devices, to include installation, configuration,
maintenance, backup, and restoration.
- Create, edit, and manage network access control lists on
specialized cyber defense systems (e.g., firewalls and intrusion
- Coordinate with Cyber Defense Analysts to manage and administer
the updating of rules and signatures (e.g., intrusion
detection/protection systems, antivirus, and content lists) for
specialized cyber defense applications.
- Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the
protection of critical cyber defense infrastructure and key
- Assist in assessing the impact of implementing and sustaining a
dedicated cyber defense infrastructure.
- Administer test bed(s), and test and evaluate applications,
hardware infrastructure, rules/signatures, access controls, and
configurations of platforms managed by service provider(s).
- Identify potential conflicts with implementation of any cyber
defense tools (e.g., tool and signature testing and
- Implement Risk Management Framework (RMF)/Security Assessment
and Authorization (SA&A) requirements for dedicated cyber
defense systems within the enterprise, and document and maintain
records for them. Required Skills
- Working knowledge in the following areas: network and host
based firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, data loss
prevention, vulnerability scanning, anti-malware and spam
protection, secure data transmission technologies, and network
- Experience with more than one Cyber Security tool, including:
Configuration Assessment, Log Aggregation, Integrity Verification,
Web Application Security Testing, Network Access Control System,
Network Intrusion prevention systems, and Endpoint Security
- Working knowledge of SIEM/VTM technologies, cloud security,
application security, network security and disaster recovery.
- Demonstrated ability to deploy, configure, and manage the
security implementation and maintenance of all IT equipment,
including managing anti-virus software, vulnerability scanning and
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships
that improved the quality of work products.
- Should be well organized, thorough, and able to handle
- Ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively
manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and
ensuring scheduled goals are met
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively -
Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate
best solution or practice Desired Skills
- Ability to review and provide guidance for security
configuration of servers, firewalls, VPN, IPS, routers and
- Experience analyzing scan results and engaging with
stakeholders to resolve identified vulnerabilities; document
exceptions, and false positives.
- Knowledge of modern software development and deployment
practices including unit testing, continuous integration and
continuous deployment Education Requirement
- Equivalent of an associate's degree in Computer Science,
Engineering or related technical IT field Years of Experience
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience Certification
- Relevant industry certification preferred Location
- Arlington, VA Security Clearance
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain customer required security
clearance - provided by Dice
Keywords: ShorePoint, Inc, Arlington , Junior Security Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!