Agile Business Analyst
Company: Excella Consulting
Posted on: March 28, 2020
OverviewWe are looking for thought leaders in Agile Business
Analysis to join our team who have a desire to deliver valuable
software application solutions which meet client needs. Our
business analysts are team-oriented, collaborative, and focus on
delivering value in everything we do. We use agile methods to
analyze, define and document business requirements for software
solutions which align with organizational goals and help our
clients achieve their desired outcomes.Responsibilities
- Experience working independently to deliver results.
- Requirements elicitation: Apply different techniques to
facilitate meetings and workshops, create a shared understanding
with stakeholders, and engage team-members without using reams of
paper or electronic documents.
- Requirements analysis: Collaborates with stakeholders and
product teams to decompose large epic stories into features and
user stories that can be understood and approved by members of the
- Requirements documentation: Requires a strong experience
managing product backlog and product roadmap.
- Strong experience creating user stories and acceptance criteria
to express requirements.
- Familiarity with Scrum process and role of Product
- Experience providing product management support such as
prioritization and backlog grooming.
- Conduct testing such as functional testing, user acceptance
testing (UAT), automated acceptance testing (AAT), and
specification by example.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage team members, clients,
and stakeholders and communicate business expectations to the
technical development expert in ways they can produce desired
- Builds trust and respect, establish relationships, and develop
rapport with technical and non-technical team members.
- B.A. or B.S. (focus in Computer Information Systems, Business
Management, Engineering, or related area of study is a
- 2+ years' experience in IT or related industry
- Prior consulting and client management experience is a
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal,
written, and presentation)
- Strong knowledge of office productivity tools
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
- Strong analytical aptitude, and an ability to structure complex
or undefined business problems
- Understanding of change management practices
In addition, we are seeking individuals with applicable
certifications such as CBAP, CCBA, CSM, CSPO, CSP, and ITIL. About
ExcellaExcella Consulting is a leading provider of Agile software
development and data and analytics solutions to clients in the
federal, commercial and non-profit sectors. We believe that great
work leads to great things -- our experts measure success by the
positive impact we make on our clients, community, and colleagues.
We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love
working with technology and are ready to make an impact.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- We care about our employees. In fact, The Washington Post and
The Washington Business Journal consistently rank us as a "Best
Place to Work."
- You'll work with great people who love what they do: our team
includes published authors, certified trainers, and internationally
- We have a "bring your own device" workplace and will share the
cost of a new computer of your choice -- Mac or PC. It's up to
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid
professional development every year, including travel and
registration fees to attend classes and conferences, in addition to
tuition assistance for degrees and certifications.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives
15 days of paid vacation, 6 federal holidays, and 4 floating
- You can bike, drive, or metro to work -- our commute
reimbursement plan has you covered.
- You'll have fun! We hold monthly social events all year long,
including a summer event for you and your family.
Excella is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Excella Consulting, Arlington , Agile Business Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!