Restaurant Associate (PDI)
Company: 7-Eleven, Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Overview:We're excited to have now joined the 7-Eleven family of
The Restaurant Associate is responsible for providing prompt,
efficient, effective safe and courteous quality food service to the
guest. These objectives are obtained through quality of guests,
merchandising handling, cleaning, maintenance, safety, security,
and other general duties as assigned.
Cultivate a G---U---E---S---T in Mind Culture.
1. Focus on the wildly important.
2. Be a leader.
3. Be committed to the guest.Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, courteous service by greeting and assisting
- Performs duties necessary to maintain stores cleanliness, and
basic upkeep (food preparation areas, shelves, counter space,
etc.), ensuring that areas are sanitary and presentable at all
- Complies with all food safety behaviors including but not
limited to proper food handling procedures, temperature
requirements, and bad merchandise record. (All Restaurant
Associates are required to wear latex gloves while handling and
preparing food products.)
- Maintains knowledge of all products offerings and promotions.
Supports advertising campaigns, sales promotions, and properly
displays food. (Building and taking down of display)
- Maintains 100% in-store efficiency on top selling menu
- Receives product from vendor and follows correct procedures
(building and taking down displays.) In addition to assisting
management with ordering and vendor check-in.
- Monitors food activities to ensure that guests receive
exceptional service. Examine food products to ensure that it is
correctly priced. (Inventory levels, pricing, stocking and rotating
- Keeps food service display fully stocked, ensuring merchandise
faces front at all times.
- Prepares food items per required menu and recipe for affiliated
- Assembles high-margin products as directed by Food Service or
- Follows Company policies and procedures, and all laws governing
beverage and tobacco sales.
- Follows all credit card, money order, and check cashing
- Regularly looks for, and eliminates safety hazards. Reports
unsafe acts or conditions to management.
- Prepares required accident/incident reports; immediately
reporting such activity to management.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques, when operating the cash
register, and all point-of-sales equipment.
- Follows Company policies and procedures established to prevent
loss of cash and merchandise due to actions by employees, vendors,
- Safeguards cash and merchandise; follows Company robbery
prevention and reaction procedures as provided in the Emergency
Response Reporting Procedures and Policy Manual.
- Reacts to and reports customer complaints tactfully and
- Maintains a professional personal appearance in accordance with
Company Uniform and Personal Appearance Policy.
- Reports to work on time and when scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:Education and
ExperienceHigh School diploma or GED is preferred. Previous food
service experience is preferred. Must maintain current food
handlers or food safety certification as required by county. Must
be authorized to work in the United States.
Knowledge and SkillsDemonstrates sales and customer services
skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and to speak effectively before
customers and employees. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and
divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals. Ability to exercise sound judgment and work
with minimum supervision. Ability to perform basic computer
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for full shift.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from
ground to overhead, and/or 60 pounds from ground to waist level, up
to thirty minutes of workday (i.e., assisting in
stocking/maintaining inventory levels).
- Ability to push, and pull with arms up to a force of 128 pounds
(i.e., utilizing hand truck.)
- Ability to bend at the waist with some twisting, up to one hour
of the workday.
- May be required to climb a ladder and/or stool, kneel or crouch
to store or retrieve materials and/or place or remove signs.
- Ability to grasp, reach, and manipulate objects with hands all
day. This handwork requires eye-hand coordination and may require
bilateral coordination of hands, up to four hours of the
- Employee performs approximately 95% of work indoors. Outside
work will be required.
- Employee is exposed to intermittent indoor cold temperature
extremes when working in the walk-in cooler and/or freezer.Work
- Committed to work assigned hours.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends, and
- Stores operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential job functions. Essential functions are job
duties that an employee must be able to perform with or without
reasonable accommodation. All of the responsibilities listed above
are considered essential job functions to this position.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
#INDSJ711Store Location: Store 40046 5135 Westfield Blvd
Centreville, VA, 20120 United States
Keywords: 7-Eleven, Inc., Arlington , Restaurant Associate (PDI), Hospitality & Tourism , Centreville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!