Registered Nurse, NICU - NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care
Company: Virginia Hospital Center
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Registered Nurse, NICUOverview
Registered Nurse - NICU
Are you interested in neonatal care? Do you have experience providing expert nursing care for infants with critical diagnoses? Our Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is looking for a NICU nurse like you to join our Magnet Hospital family.
Voted one of Newsweek's 2020 Best Maternity Care Hospitals, we are dedicated to providing high-quality care for premature and critically ill babies who need advanced care. Our nurses care for neonates from 23 weeks through full term in our 28 patient rooms, with a variety of disease processes. Our unit can accommodate as many as 44 patients with an average daily census of 17 patients. Orientation is approximately 11 weeks and incorporates the AWHONN Neonatal Orientation and Education Program.
We use a self-scheduling model on a 6-week day/night rotation. Holiday requirement is every other Holiday.
Join our team and unlock your potential!
VHC Health is a 453-bed nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering high quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 75 years. VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations), a designated Level II Trauma Center and a recognized Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We are proud to announce that the Leapfrog Group has awarded the hospital with an 'A' grade in Hospital Safety for the 19th year in a row, achieved an Outstanding Patient Experience Award--- for the 10th year in a row and VHC has ranked Number 2 in "Best Hospitals" in the Washington, DC metropolitan area by U.S. News and World Report's 2021-2022 rankings. At VHC we are always striving to provide continued excellence and growth for our employees as well as top notch care for our patients.
* RN Licensure with Reciprocity in the state of Virginia
* BLS for the Healthcare Provider CPR & NRP required
* at least 3 years NICU experience required.
* Variable shift (rotating day/night), or straight night shift only
* Actively participates in working towards the organizational and departmental goals for providing exceptional patient experiences
* Collaborates with patient and healthcare team to assess, plan, implement, and/or evaluate patient's plan of care.
* Assures quality of care by adhering to industry standards and measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and benchmarks.
* Consistently assesses, identifies and addresses patient's educational needs and barriers to learning.
* Maintains safe working environment and patient safety by complying with hospital policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Demonstrates knowledge and technical skills to perform all duties required to care for patients.
Employee Benefit Package!
Registered Nurse, NICUOverview
Keywords: Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington , Registered Nurse, NICU - NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care, Healthcare , Arlington, Virginia
here to apply!