Advice Nurse -Remote- Evening shift (40 hours)
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Remote Work (work from home)- MUST LIVE WITHIN 100 MILES OF
FACILITY (12255 Fair Lakes Pkwy., Fairfax, VA 22033)$5,000 Sign-On
Bonus Eligible PositionResponsible for medical triage of members
using established protocols, note taking via online ANS (Advice
Note System) and providing specified diagnostic results to members.
Responsible to collaborate with on-site physicians, on-call
physicians, HCT, pharmacists, and/or Nurse Practitioner as
necessary to facilitate member care.Essential Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes telephone calls from Health Plan members
requiring medical advice or general information by: Assesses the
patients problem utilizing established protocols and interaction
with provider on-site or on-call; makes appropriate recommendations
to include advice, appointments per protocol, or direction from
physician; appropriately documents calls received with adherence to
inter-regional documentation; acts as an extension of the health
care team to meet member needs.
- Assists members in empathetic, efficient manner to determine
best course of action to resolve issue.
- Meets regional standards set by call center management to
achieve optimal member satisfaction such as phone access and
service standards. Be receptive to constructive feedback by
supervisors and/or QI to better serve members.
- Contributes to the development of protocols, procedures,
patient education, and training, as assigned. Participates in peer
review, quality assurance, and other committees functions.
- Demonstrates ability to make quick decisions, based on sound
base of critical thinking skills/guidelines by protocols.
- Demonstrate ability to interact with a variety of levels of
staff to provide good customer service to internal customers.
- Performs other related duties as directed.Basic
- One (1) year of current experience as a RN in a clinical
setting with relevancy required.--Education
- N/A--License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Registered Nurse License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire AND
Registered Nurse License (Virginia) within 6 months of
- Compact License: Registered Nurse within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (District of Columbia) within 6 months
of hire--Additional Requirements:
- Ability to type 30 WPM required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software
- Pass basic Windows test at interview.
- Pass basic typing test required.
- Must have effective interpersonal and communications
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective
interpersonal and communications skills and be able to stand, walk,
bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, and see.--Preferred
- BSN preferred.
- Bilingual ability preferred.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing
Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Arlington , Advice Nurse -Remote- Evening shift (40 hours), Healthcare , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...