Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Virginia Nephrology Group
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description Virginia Nephrology Group is seeking a Certified
Medical Assistant to join its growing team! The ideal candidate
will have excellent communication, time management, and leadership
skills. The position sits as the face of the clinic and is
responsible for providing empathetic patient care along with
secretarial and technical related services and support.
- Greets patients in a friendly and professional manner, building
rapport and positive relationships.
- Telephone and desk administration, answer calls and patient
questions, route calls as needed, and takes messages as necessary
for staff and physicians.
- Schedules, confirms, and reschedules patient appointments for
optimal time management of clinic.
- Verifies, updates, and enters all patient demographic and
insurance information in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Works with patient and insurance providers to verify and
collect co-pays, coinsurance, deductibles, deposits, and/or past
- Explains financial policy to patients, including the patient's
financial responsibility, and ensures patient signs the financial
policy. Refers patients to Revenue Cycle Management department for
assistance as appropriate.
- Ensures patients complete all documents needed for insurance
and clinic needs.
- Cross-train to cover back office when coverage is needed
- Other duties as assignedQualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required).
- Medical Assistant certification (CMA) or Registered Medical
Assistant (RMA) License (required)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart
Association (AHA) (required)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Medical Assistant
in a clinic setting; experience in a nephrology/renal clinic
- Biliterate English Spanish (preferred)
- CPR certification or obtain within 3 months of hire date
- Knowledge of Athena medical billing (preferred)
- Float position requires valid Driver's License, reliable
transportation and willingness to travel to other sites for
training and/or assignments (required)Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Perks & Discounts
- Opportunities for career advancement[KD1]
Keywords: Virginia Nephrology Group, Arlington , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!