Rapid Response Nurse Coordinator (RN)
Company: Virginia Hospital Center
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Rapid Response Nurse Coordinator
VHC Health is a 453-bed nationally recognized Hospital and teaching
facility that has been delivering high quality care to the
Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 75 years. VHC is a proud
member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of
independent healthcare organizations), a designated Level II Trauma
Center and a recognized Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center. We are proud to announce that the Leapfrog
Group has awarded the hospital with an 'A' grade in Hospital Safety
for the 19th year in a row, achieved an Outstanding Patient
Experience Award--- for the 10th year in a row and VHC has ranked
Number 2 in "Best Hospitals" in the Washington, DC metropolitan
area by U.S. News and World Report's 2021-2022 rankings. At VHC we
are always striving to provide continued excellence and growth for
our employees as well as top notch care for our patients.
Join our team and unlock your potential!
The Rapid Response RN Coordinator is responsible for data
collection, maintaining of statistical data for review and outcomes
measurement. The Rapid Response RN Coordinator coordinates and
tracks the care of patients throughout the hospital stay, while
maintaining patient safety and satisfaction with care. The Rapid
Response RN Coordinator is responsible for development, planning,
organizing, implementation and performance improvement. The Rapid
Response RN Coordinator is also responsible for staff education,
public education and prevention programs in the community.Rapid
Response Nurse will perform as a clinical expert and resource to
maintain and improve patient care. S/He will provide clinical
expertise and intervention during rapid response to codes including
code blue, code brain and rapid responses. The Rapid Response Nurse
is a professional RN who provides clinical assistance to staff
members and demonstrates the use of organizational safety tools and
education/mentorship of staff working directly with clinical staff
and unit directors to promptly identify patient at risk for
clinical deterioration and make recommendation aimed at improving
overall clinical outcomes. Supervises the implementation and
compliance with standards of nursing practice that promote optimum
health care delivery.
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
* 2 years of experience in critical care required or 3 years of
nursing experience with at least 2 years being in critical
* Demonstrated Leadership Ability required.
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Virginia Department of
Health Professions or Compact State Licensure in Nursing
* American Heart Association BLS and ACLS Certification
* CCRN Certification preferred.
* Responsible for oversight of the daily operations, coordination,
and evaluation of the Rapid Response Team.
* Acts as liaison with hospital departments to help ensure
effective communication between Rapid Response and other hospital
* Serves as a liaison with and advocate for the patient/family
throughout the course of treatment.
* When involved in a clinical situation that requires decision
making and prioritization of needs, independently and appropriately
directs other staff members in care of the patient to meet the
needs of the patient and the clinical area.
* Implements and monitors compliance with clinical and research
protocols, and is responsible and accountable for compliance and
knowledge of protocols and regulatory affairs.
* Monitors and ensures nursing practice is in accordance with the
guidelines set by the regulatory agencies, i.e., OSHA and The Joint
* Participates in the ongoing review of the quality and
appropriateness of care provided at hospital.
* Provides evaluation, ongoing assessment and recommendations for
management of patients.
* Utilize current literature and professional standards to guide
clinical practice development.
* Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates new methods and
practices for delivery of care.
* Collects data and coordinates other hospital staff to maintain
requirements for TJC and other Regulatory Bodies.
* Collects and effectively analyze patient data resulting in
* Tracks outcome data related to patient care.
* Develops a system to track and report clinical outcomes of the
Rapid Response program
* Submit all reports to PCD or AVP on time.
* In collaboration with Associate Vice President, Patient Care
Director and Staff Development, identifies staff learning needs and
strategies for improving competencies.
* Provides staff development concerning diagnostic studies, disease
entities, policy or procedural changes and other areas leading to
an enhancement of knowledge or skills.
* Participates in the development of team members during clinical
calls and consistently teaches staff members during the event, by
among other means during their work.
* Support the Hospital in activities to promote health care and
* Conducts in-service education for hospital staff members on Rapid
* Coordinate/conduct: Patient care conferences.
* Complete annual review and revision of programs goals and
* Serves as a clinical role model for nursing staff.
* Coordinates, supervises, and implements a variety of clinical and
research protocols in support of Rapid Response care and
* Collects data and specimens from patients enrolled in research
* Coordinates evaluations of patients enrolled in clinical research
* Works collaboratively with colleagues from all disciplines to
identify Rapid Response patients.
* Supports and collaborates with each patient's primary nurse to
provide individualized treatment plans.
* Employs a team approach to provide consistent care for all
* Emphasizes and supports continuity of care for patients.
* Access patient satisfaction through date reports and feedback
from patients, families, staff and physicians.
* Plans and implements activities based on these results.
* Keeps Patient Care Director informed activities, needs, and
* Collaborates with pertinent department heads to promote physical
and equipment safety.
* Handle problems in a timely and appropriate manner, and report to
the appropriate department head and Associate Vice President
* Provides consultation to healthcare providers and others to
influence care plans, enhance ability to provide health care and
* Defines the overall philosophy and objectives of nursing service
in accordance with those of the hospital and interprets same to
* Counsels, offers support and instructs staff in the integration
of nursing and medical care of the patient.
* Serves as a leader and role model for staff and colleagues,
providing consistent and effective direction and guidance.
* Responds effectively to changing circumstances to maximize
opportunities or minimize problems.
* Coordinates and notifies administrative personnel when emergency
situations develop. Refers non-emergency problems to the
* Explains and reinforces hospital and nursing policy when
* Identifies proper action in the event of an emergency
* Serves as a member of the Rapid Response Team for identified
emergency codes (Code Blue, Code Brain and Rapid Response Codes),
to include assessment and intervention
* Maintains and promotes positive physician relationships.
* Collaborates with the medical staff to ensure the delivery of
quality patient care.
* Advises, coordinates and/or refers problems of physicians to
* Assists in the implementation of the medical therapeutic
* Paid Major Holidays
* Generous Paid Time Off / Vacation
* Sick Time
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Undergraduate Student Loan Repayment
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* Health Savings Account (HSA)
* Health Fitness & Education Class Discounts
* Employee Wellness Benefits
* Hospital Discount for Employees and Family
* VHC Retirement Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Free onsite parking
* Commuter Benefits
* Career Coaching
* Family Leave
* 401(k) + Match
* and much more!
Keywords: Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington , Rapid Response Nurse Coordinator (RN), Healthcare , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!