Senior I/O Psychologist - Selection Lead
Company: AE Strategies
Posted on: June 21, 2022
About UsAE Strategies is a Virginia-based professional services
firm, founded in 2003, providing human capital, data analytics, and
management consulting to federal clients. We are a proven small
business, with an established reputation and a track record of
supporting critical initiatives across a wide range of federal
clients. We offer a small business culture, where your
contributions are valued, and where you operate within a friendly
and collaborative work environment. We also provide competitive
compensation and benefits, and the stability of a company with a
19-year track record of sustained success. OverviewThe Senior
Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychologist will support federal
clients by providing critical expertise and direction related to
multiple-hurdle assessment and selection systems that support
talent acquisition. The support will include working directly with
stakeholders, clients, subject matter experts, and other team
members authorities to guide the development and implementation of
a large-scale assessment and selection systems for our
clients.Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide assessment and selection expertise and manage the
development of large-scale assessment and selection plans for a
variety of positions, including high-level senior
clinical/scientific personnel, high-level senior physicians, and
high-level senior executives.
- Consult on validation strategies for selection tools (e.g.,
structured interviews, personality assessments, etc.).
- Conduct multiple job analyses to inform the development of a
large-scale selection system.
- Conduct interviews with leadership, select Subject Matter
Experts (SMEs), and stakeholders to define and prioritize the
desired leadership characteristics, personality traits and
attributes the ideal candidate should possess.
- Develop comprehensive final assessment reports summarizing
results and providing recommendations based on comparison with
validated target profile and benchmark.
- Communicate to stakeholders the value of a robust selection
system in non-technical language.
- Facilitate assessment and selection processes for clients
including panel interviews and post-assessment meetings.
- Evaluate off-the-shelf assessment tools.
- Train recruiting personnel on how to utilize assessment and
- Evaluate, improve, and implement assessment and selection
processes for internal hires at AE Strategies.
- Provide subject matter expertise on federal proposals in the
area of assessment and selection.
- Provide additional proposal support as needed.Qualifications:
- Master of Science Degree in I/O Psychology with 5 years of
relevant selection experience OR Doctorate Degree in I/O Psychology
with 2 years of relevant selection experience
- Knowledge of personality assessment, cognitive ability testing,
interviews and other selection tools
- Understanding of validity and reliability in psychological
- Experience conducting job analyses and/or competency
- Knowledge of research and analysis techniques/methodologies
related to human capital
- Ability to work with various assessment data and conduct
statistical analyses to establish validity and reliability
- Understanding of adverse impact/treatment and laws/regulations
that pertain to selection practices
- Federal government hiring experience is a plus
- Ability to pass a comprehensive federal background check
- US CitizenshipAE Strategies is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care
leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital
status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental
disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
Keywords: AE Strategies, Arlington , Senior I/O Psychologist - Selection Lead, Healthcare , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!