Company: Virginia Hospital Center
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Title: Pediatric Physician
Schedule: PRN (Per Diem) Providing Occasional Support on Saturday
Location: Arlington, VA
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus generous bonus
Requirements: Board eligibility or certification in Pediatrics and
the completion of an appropriate residency program. Completion of
Medical Doctorate (MD) or Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) is
required. Bilingual in Spanish and English Required.
We are seeking an outstanding BC/BE Pediatric Physician to join our
Pediatrics team of doctors that are members of the Virginia
Hospital Center Physician Group.The mission of VHC Pediatrics is to
provide a medical home for infants, children and adolescents up to
age 18 years residing in Arlington households with incomes at or
below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. Our patients are either
uninsured or have Virginia Medicaid, and many of our families come
from bilingual homes. VHCP is committed to providing excellent
comprehensive care that is accessible, continuous, family centered,
coordinated, and compassionate. Care is delivered or directed by
pediatricians who seek to develop ongoing relationships of mutual
responsibility and trust with patients and families.
- As a physician at VHC, you will enjoy the benefits of being a
hospital employee and part of a multispecialty group comprised of
100+ members including hospitalists and a wide range of
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills are required as
well as the desire to be part of a team that functions at the
- Our highly competitive compensation package includes an
excellent base salary plus comprehensive bonus incentives.
- We promote a healthy work-life balance to include flexible
working hours and offer a generous benefit package including
malpractice coverage, health insurance, life, disability, 401K
match, generous CME, relocation assistance (if applicable), as well
as other benefits.
- Click here to learn more about VHC, or click on this link to
visit our website .
- Our hospital environment is one of clinical excellence. As a
hospital-employed physician you will have the full support of the
- Administration understands that keeping the patient load
reasonable for its hospitalists is essential to realizing the full
benefits of our hospitalist program.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is the only Hospital in the
mid-Atlantic region that is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care
Network (a national network of independent healthcare
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized
Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest
quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70
- Named a CMS 5-Star Hospital, in 2020, based on our performance
across seven areas of quality.
- Received a Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score of A for the 16th
consecutive grading period - one of a few hospitals in the country
to achieve this level of consistency.
- Achieved Magnet re-designation by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program.
- The only Northern Virginia hospital named to Newsweek's 2020
list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals.
- 2019 release of US News and World Report hospital rankings,
received the highest ranking possible ("High Performing") in the
following areas: Aortic Valve Surgery, Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart
Bypass Surgery, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement and Knee
- VHC is a 437-bed facility.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families
who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the
nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91
percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities
including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public
parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8
libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County,
or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have
little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in
joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is
at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
Click the APPLY button, and you will be redirected to our website.
Once you're on the website, please complete our 2-step application
process: 1. the online application and 2. the electronic talent
assessment (multiple-choice questionnaire).
In order for your application to be valid, the electronic talent
assessment must be completed and submitted. Applicants who only
complete the application without the talent assessment won't be
considered.In addition to completing the application and assessment
candidates can also send a copy of their CV to Andrea Bell,
Director Physician Services Recruitment at
Keywords: Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington , Pediatric Physician, Healthcare , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!