Company: Flatiron Construction Corp
Posted on: September 20, 2023
As a Project Manager, you will manages a single project to
ensure that budget, project personnel and production schedule is
completed in compliance with Owner expectations, contract
specifications and Company standards.
- Manages all aspects of the project, including construction,
budget and cash management for a single assigned project to ensure
compliance with the project contract and owner needs.
- Develops and manages the project schedule, pay estimates,
project procedures, staffing requirements, and equipment resources
needed to complete accurate and timely project production.
- Assesses initial project contract and supporting documents for
completeness. Works with owner to resolve specification, contract
conflict and scheduling issues.
- Oversees engineering and scheduling teams to identify and
negotiate any proposed change orders, engaging Area Manager for
support as needed.
- Creates and presents monthly cost and revenue forecast and
reports to Flatiron leadership.
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
- Maintains working relationships with Flatiron supporting
departments and project Owner to support the project work plan and
- Operates as main point of contact for all third-party
stakeholders, including landowners, local business owners and
government agencies that need to be engaged during the
- Reviews and approves all internal and external media news
releases regarding the project.
- Ensures project safety reviews and procedures are followed by
conducting weekly safety checks and engaging in safety meetings and
monthly review meetings. Supports the safety programs of the
project and owner safety programs.
- Reviews and approves staffing and equipment needs for efficient
and effective project production.
- Participates in dispute resolution process with support from
internal legal counsel.
- Provides input on equipment procurement methods and contracts
to ensure efficient and effective project production.
- Leads project closeout procedures, finalizing contract
paperwork, obtaining retainages and working with management to
resolve any project claims. Leads project debrief cycle to review
all aspects of project work and completion.
- Maintains knowledge of Company's values and strategic plan.
- 12+ years' experience in construction project management
- 5+ years' experience in managing personnel required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field a plus.
- Experience working on design build, CMGC or other alternative
deliver/negotiated contract projects required.
- Rail/transit project experience strongly preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Strong interpersonal skills developed to engage and retain
positive working relationships.
- Strong developed skill to identify, track and manage project
- Developing ability to efficiently and effectively manage
multiple departments and direct reports to retain focus on one
project completion goal and timeline.
- Ability to identify growth opportunities for project personnel
and developed to coach and mentor project personnel.
- Developing ability to delegate task driven responsibilities to
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including advanced skill
working in Excel.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 or other scheduling software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability
to respond to common inquiries or request for changes/claims from
subcontractors, management, co-workers, regulatory agencies, or
owners. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that
conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively
present information to executive management and/or public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistics, and fundamentals geometry and trigonometry. Ability
to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and
proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions furnished in mathematical or diagram form
and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Some of the
benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
Keywords: Flatiron Construction Corp, Arlington , Project Manager, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!