Records Management Specialist
Company: Engility Corporation
Posted on: January 22, 2023
SAIC is seeking a Records Management Specialist with a TS/SCI
security clearance to provide on-site support in the Pentagon
working as part of a contract team within the Office of the
Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for
* The candidate will:
* Develop and maintain policy and procedures for record filing and
disposal in accordance with DoD standards
* Screen, prepare, scan and index legal review files before they
are sent for storage and archiving.
* Coordinate records and comply with records management
instructions, records retention/disposal guidance, and annual
inspection of file plans/records.
* Address security requirements and procedures for properly
handling and storing/archiving classified materials with NARA.
* Distinguish classified information from unclassified information
when archiving legal files.
* Codify and categorize documents for digital files.
* Convert legal files into electronic form.
* This includes document preparation, scanning, transferring
scanned documents to storage media and performing final quality
* Provide database, indexing, and archival support, to include:
* analysis of chronological files;
* review of archival documents;
* review international agreements; and
* inputting data from international agreements into the
* Other tasks and assignments may also include:
* Working daily with the Deputy General Counsel, Intelligence,
Associate General Counsels and the Office Manager.
* Providing administrative and records management support to the
OGC/Intel office attorneys.
* Assisting with administration including the coordinating,
assisting, filing of legal actions and scanning for OGC/Intel.
* Providing administrative and records management office support in
addressing the workload (e.g., tracking, organizing, and archiving)
and knowledge management activities across the government attorneys
and contractor staff.
* Hand-carrying legal actions to other coordinating offices
* Opening and closing actions using the suspense tracking system
* Performing general editing functions, answering phone calls,
escorting non-cleared personnel in the office, maintaining files,
and preparing correspondence.
* Making copies, scanning documents, producing files, assisting in
scheduling and monthly reports, and maintaining basic office
* High school degree or equivalent.
* At least three (3) years or more relevant document
analysis/records management experience with the Department of
* The ability to review, understand, and analyze complex legal and
non-legal DoD documents
* Understanding of security requirements and procedures for
properly handling and storing/archiving classified materials.
* Strong understanding of NARA storage procedures
* Fluency with, and understanding of, DoD, Joint Staff, and the
Military Departments standards of practice and records
* Ability to leverage established relationships with other DoD
components and agencies
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required together
with proficient research and analytical skills.
* Experience with knowledge of administrative and clerical
functions, processes, practices and procedures.
* Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels
within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense
* Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks
under pressure with limited supervision.
* Strong admin skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
* Flexibility in order to accommodate time-sensitive and
Keywords: Engility Corporation, Arlington , Records Management Specialist, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!