Manager, Accounting (Financial Reporting)
Company: Airlines Reporting Corporation
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Location: US-VA-ArlingtonJob ID: 2023-2240# of Openings:
1Category: Finance & AccountingAbout The Role:** ARC requires all
employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.We will consider
medical and religious accommodations as required by law **ARC is
hiring a Manager, Financial Reporting to perform professional
accounting duties of moderate complexity and assist direct reports
in the analysis, preparation and maintenance of financial records
and reports. In this role, you will lead and develop a team,
implement policies, processes, procedures and internal controls
used by the accounting team. You will also be expected to perform
independent judgment using knowledge of generally accepted
accounting principles (GAAP) and internal control concepts.
Additionally, you will be asked to manage daily accounting
operations, interpret accounting standards and provide technical
accounting guidance to staff and clearly define and communicate
accounting procedures and policies. In this role you will be tasked
with coordinating audit and tax work.What You'll Get to Do:
- Manage accounting general ledger activities including revenue
recognition, billing and collections, cash accounting, fixed assets
and month end close. Manage reconciliation of complex financial
- Manage the monthly close process to ensure timely and accurate
reporting including review of variance analysis and
reconciliations. Responsible for internal & external financial
reporting to senior management. Perform fluctuation analyses on
financial statements and account variances.
- Perform technical accounting research and analyze the impacts
on processes, controls, and systems. Provide recommendations and
guidance to management. Manage implementation of accounting
treatment pertaining to internally developed software (ASC 350-40)
and revenue recognition (ASC 606).
- Mentor direct reports. Communicate job expectations, provide
feedback, and evaluate their progress.
- Manage the year-end audit, which includes coordination to
obtain support for external auditors from various departments.
Collect, synthesize, and process comments and edits received from
management, auditors, and attorneys on the monthly and annual
financial statements. Resolve issues that arise during the audit,
such as proposed audit adjustments, etc.
- Assists with and manages various tax responsibilities related
to income and sales & use taxes. You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 6+ years corporate accounting, finance and/or audit work
- Progressive experience in directing financial and accounting
- 3+ years supervisory/management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) preferred
What We Can Offer You:
- Joining ARC means joining a team that is motivated, diverse,
creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big,
embrace challenges, and explore new ideas to lead the way for the
- Our employees value the hands-on learning and professional
development opportunities that allow them to expand their skills
and grow their career in new, dynamic ways.
- ARC offers WorkFlex. WorkFlex is ARC's new work model, allowing
employees in eligible roles to work virtually without set days in
the office. ARC employees can work from the office, at home, or any
combination of the two. There will be times when it is important to
gather in-person and WorkFlex employees will be expected to come
into the office or another location, when needed.We offer a highly
competitive, comprehensive benefits package so you can worry less
and focus on what truly matters.
- We offer a highly competitive, comprehensive benefits package
so you can worry less and focus on what truly matters.
- By joining ARC, you will partner with top minds in the industry
as we use data and technology to innovate how the world travels.EOE
M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to
Keywords: Airlines Reporting Corporation, Arlington , Manager, Accounting (Financial Reporting), Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!