Company: Air & Space Forces Association
Posted on: November 22, 2022
The Director of Membership is responsible for the strategic and
operational administration of AFA's membership relations, including
recruitment and retention of members, member services, and
marketing of the membership program to ensure growth. S/he will
focus on growing and developing programs for members, member
retention, and recruitment of new members, by developing an
effective strategy and ensuring its tactical implementation. The
Director of Membership supervises the Member Relations and
Corporate Membership. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Membership Marketing,
Recruitment, and Events (approximately 50% of effort):
- Develop programs, initiatives, and policies designed to
effectively promote AFA programs and increase membership.
- Integrate membership generation activities throughout AFA.
- Develop, update, and ensure effective and broad distribution of
information to current members and prospective members.
- Develop a yearly budget for all membership activities and
partner with Finance Department to ensure adherence. Program
Development (approximately 20% of effort):
- Create effective partnerships among AFA department and
stakeholders to start new initiatives.
- Oversee management and execution of new programs. Customer
Service Oversight (approximately 20% of effort):
- Oversee all aspects of servicing current and incoming
- Evaluate systems and procedures for serving current members;
develops and oversees implementation of process improvements. Other
Duties as assigned (approximately 10% of effort):
- Serve as liaison to national Membership Committee.
- Other tasks as assigned. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Works out of Air Force Association's headquarters in Arlington,
- Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday,
subject to modification based on the needs of each program or
- Operates in a professional office environment with travel to
local offices, community partners, and events.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to work overtime and travel as needed. Physical
Demands: The position requires sedentary work (sitting most of the
time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional
exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible
amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull
or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following
- Movement. The employee in this position needs to occasionally
move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office
machinery, etc., with occasional travel to varied locations.
- The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a
computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy
machine and printer.
- The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal
conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee
must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.RequirementsREQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in community
outreach, member relations, program management or related
- At least three (3) years of supervisory experience. Education
and Experience Preferred:
- None. Certifications & Licenses Required: Department Core
Competencies: Strategic Planning Business Acumen Problem-Solving
Consultation Critical Evaluation Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of membership-based organizations and
chapter management practices and require proven success in
- Ability to develop, monitor, and balance a complex budget.
- Experience managing and leading others, including
- Knowledge of and experience with development or advancement
strategy crafting and implementation in non-profit
- Ability to create, lead and execute the aesthetics of complex
- Ability and commitment to act with integrity, professionalism,
and confidentiality and interact effectively with high profile
- Ability to effectively utilize interpersonal skills and
reliable information when working with internal customers, team
members, and external stakeholders to accomplish project
- Strong organizational skills and ability to consistently attend
to details and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product suites (especially
Excel and PowerPoint) and knowledge or ability to learn other
computer-based systems. Benefits
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Wellness Resources
Keywords: Air & Space Forces Association, Arlington , Director, Membership, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!