Company: Consumer Brands Association
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Consumer Brands is a hybrid workplace! Our fully vaccinated team
collaborates in the office at least two days per week (Wednesdays
are required) and works remotely for the remaining days. We are
committed to employee safety and wellness and continue to monitor
federal, state and local guidance for best practices when it comes
Consumer Brands is seeking you: a detail-oriented, energetic team
player to manage recruitment efforts and fulfill benefits for its
industry partner programs. You are someone who gets a sense of
satisfaction from being supportive and take pride in your
organizational skills, precision, and strong follow-up in your
work. Using your project management skills, you will build
processes that make the industry partner infrastructure more
efficient while tracking and executing the day-to-day needs of our
partners. Because you're naturally sociable, you'll be a point of
contact for partners, coordinating the intake and renewal
processes, liaising to ensure fulfillment of benefits, scheduling
regular touch points, and managing billing processes. Thanks to
your contributions to our revenue-generation efforts, Consumer
Brands will maximize long-term relationships and advance its agenda
to champion growth and innovation for the industry whose products
consumers depend on every day.
The manager, partnerships engages with companies that service the
consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry, proactively interacting
with leaders at these companies to cultivate, secure and energize
support through organization membership and sponsorship. Reporting
to the vice president of industry solutions, this person is
integral to ensuring fulfillment of all benefits for industry
partnerships. The manager also plays an active role in onboarding
companies and working internally to build the industry partner
Key areas of responsibility:
Recruitment and Retention of Industry Partners
- Manage the plan and timeline to recruit CPG industry vendors as
Consumer Brands members or sponsors.
- Execute tasks against timeline to assist with securing new
industry partners, including drafting email correspondence,
articulating value proposition and setting up meetings.
- Identify favorable windows of opportunity to approach prospects
about engaging with Consumer Brands.
- Manage prospect lists, including tracking outreach and
- Proactively monitor the CPG and business landscape to identify
prospective industry partners to engage.
- Research prospects and create written prep materials for
organization leadership team.
- Draft sponsorship and partnership agreements, including
articulation of benefits, payment details, standard terms and
facilitate signature collection.
- Manage invoicing and collections process when new industry
partners are secured, including invoice creation, communication
with sponsor, internal tracking and follow-up for collections.
- Develop and manage onboarding process and related
- Liaise with industry partners and oversee the fulfillment of
all benefits and obligations.
- Coordinate with internal departments on execution of
- Assist with development of sponsorship prospectus for
Industry Partner Engagement
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with industry
partners, including scheduling regular touch points, distributing
updates, and serving as a point of contact.
- Manage the lifecycle from onboarding to engagement through
- Coordinate the intake process for new and returning industry
partners including tracking recruitment and application status,
dues and engagement opportunities.
- Create annual and post-event engagement reports including data
aggregation, visibility and reach.
- Create and manage tracking system to monitor partner contract
terms and oversee fulfillment logistics.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a trade
association or publishing or business environment.
- Exposure to corporations as customers and stakeholders
- Exposure to cultivating relationships leading to six-figure
partnerships and/or sales experience is a plus.
- Solid project management skills with acute attention to
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing.
- Proactive disposition towards achieving goals and
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, particularly the
ability to effectively connect with and persuade individuals and
- Ability to build rapport with industry partners via phone,
videoconference and in-person.
- Strong customer relations skills including conflict mitigation,
management and negotiation.
- Entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a fast-paced, changing
environment, willing to tackle both big strategic challenges and
implement tactical tasks simultaneously.
- Receptive to feedback and direction and in search of constant
- Quick study, able to learn on the fly the many complexities and
nuances of the CPG industry and member priorities.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Advanced proficiency in Office 365 Outlook, Word, Excel, and
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with
or without notice.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and
non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants
without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion,
national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected
under applicable law.
Applicants who are interested in applying are encouraged to email
their resumes and cover letters to
-firstname.lastname@example.org -with the respective job
opening in the subject line.
Keywords: Consumer Brands Association, Arlington , Manager, Partnerships, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!