Director, Sales and Customer Service
Posted on: September 23, 2022
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving
back to our communities. The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive
in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it
happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a
memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store
position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the
perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top
executives started their careers as part-time retail sales
associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming
relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to
grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building
capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing
the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail
careers. Our store management team has the privilege to lead,
manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store
results. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100%
leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business
forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store
management team puts you on a fast-track to career success. -
Job Overview: As the Director, Sales and Customer Experience, you
will lead a team of Sales and Customer Experience Managers and
drive sales and selling with focus on the Macy's customer. All
activities related to presenting a clean, neat and organized
shopping environment for our customers are under your leadership
and direction. - You will lead initiatives and related efforts to
increase customer loyalty, while delivering on Macy's standards for
customer service. - With training, coaching and development, a team
of People Leaders and Colleagues will grow following your
leadership. - - Perform other duties as assigned. This role reports
to and is a developmental step to Store Manager
- Lead a team of Sales and Customer Experience Managers and
colleagues. Coach, train, teach and develop selling
- Analyze Store's business in order to strategize and deliver
results; implement action plans focusing on deficient areas and
highlight growth opportunities.
- Drive and exceed sales goals by leading Macy's initiatives
through coaching, feedback and recognition, while optimizing
productivity and efficiency.
- Lead customer service culture in the store. Ensure colleagues
engage with customers and provide a friendly and easy to shop
- Align with Manager, Operations & Visual Merchandising to lead
the completion of all operational activities in store when needed,
including Price changes, ad setup/takedown, merchandising,
fulfillment and RTVs driven by Workload Planning Meeting.
- Review Sales, Customer Experience, and Star Rewards results and
strategize action for continued improvement.
- Review and utilize data to provide colleague recognition;
develop and communicate strategies to improve results. -
- Determine strategies to drive the Star Rewards Program by
setting clear expectations with Managers, Sales and Customer
Experience to reinforce the benefits of new accounts and motivating
colleagues to solicit Star Rewards.
- Work with Managers, Sales and Customer Experience to build the
client relationship between Macy's Stylists and customers through
MyClient and other customer acquisition initiatives.
- Strategize, plan and execute events and community outreach.
Ensure execution through Managers, Sales and Customer
- Develop People Leader and Hourly Colleague talent. Monitor and
address performance issues on a timely basis.
- Conduct ongoing Talent Analysis of colleagues and establish
career progression plans for key players and positions to result in
retention of best talent and turnover reduction.
- Actively participate in the recruitment process and fill open
Executive positions prioritizing internal movement, Commission and
High Level Selling areas. -
- Interview, hire, train, direct, manage, coach, develop,
coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports;
establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support;
direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral
expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with
- Ensure most effective sales floor coverage through the
development of workforce solutions and lead selling initiatives
throughout the store as needed.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness;
ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 7 + years direct experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one
and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal
and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- - - - - - - - - - Physical Requirements:
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching,
crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
- Candidates in Colorado: Click here for - -and here to . - -
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Candidates in Nevada:
Click here for - STORES00 -
Keywords: Macy's, Arlington , Director, Sales and Customer Service, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!