Program Management Lead - Mid Atlantic T&D
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: September 19, 2022
DescriptionBurns & McDonnell is proud to be the market leader in
providing program management services to the electric utility
industry. We have successfully delivered more than $30 Billion of
capital programs to our clients and are looking to expand our team
of talented leadership for the program management lead in our Mid
Atlantic offices. As the organizational lead, you will be
responsible for leading multiple program management staff members
in the successful delivery of complex programs. Additional
responsibilities include recruitment, development of personnel in
the program management organization ofour Mid Atlantic Offices,
client maintenance, contract negotiations, client maintenance,
contract negotiations, executive management reporting, and
coordination with human resources, accounting, legal, and other
support services.We are seeking innovative leaders that can develop
program management team members for our growing program management
business. The ideal candidate will have a safety-first mindset, be
dedicated to making their clients and teams successful, and take an
entrepreneurial approach to their job.
- Fostering Culture
- Lead a dynamic organization with a focus on creating an
inclusive and collaborative atmosphere and environment for the
- Actively foster a culture based on our Mac Culture principles,
quality, diversity and inclusion, and team cohesion and
- Drive a culture focused on safety and compliance with company
and site safety policies.
- Develop and foster an innovation culture that challenges the
norm and utilizes tools, technology, and processes to drive
continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Regular coordination and collaboration between the Transmission
and Distribution Business Line Managers and other regional office
locations to build cohesion and tie the needs of our people to the
needs of our business.
- Identify training needs and support training programs for
- Recruiting, Interviewing, Hiring & Onboarding
- Work with the MAR GP Manager and HR Recruiting team to
proactively recruit the best experienced personnel available and
ensure the candidates align with the regional growth plan for
- Responsible for the onboarding process for all personnel in the
program management organization.
- Career Development & Performance Management
- Facilitate the progression of employee owners through the
career paths offered within T&D Program Management, and work
with to help them develop the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
opportunities to achieve their desired career goals.
- Serve as a mentor and coach to all the employees you directly
- Advocate for staff by meeting regularly, listening to their
short and long term goals and providing guidance, direction, and
facilitation of opportunities to meet those goals.
- Organize, lead and conduct the annual performance appraisal
process for program management staff.
- Work with Human Resources and staff to identify, prepare,
communicate, and monitor performance plans for employees with areas
of needed improvement.
- Resource Management
- Establish and proactively communicate to staff the vision,
expectations, requirements, processes, and guidelines to meet
program management, global practice, and regional objectives.
- Regularly review team utilization of staff to make sure
employees have a clear path of development and support and those
resources are adequately leveraged and empowered to their strengths
- Oversight and management of chargeability and proper allocation
of staff in the organization to meet regional KPI
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction Management, or
- Minimum of 10 Years as a leader in a multi-discipline team that
has executed and/or managed major projects or programs greater than
- Capacity to influence, lead, and manage change thoughtfully and
- Technical background or experience in the electrical
transmission and distribution business is preferred.
- Must be an effective communicator and able to identify and
mitigate issues and conflict both internally and externally.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients, outside
vendors, other Burns & McDonnell regional offices and program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous personnel management.Travel
- Travel to MAR offices, other Regional Offices and Program
Locations will be required.Job Project ManagementPrimary Location
US-NC-RaleighOther Locations US-VA-Richmond, US-VA-Roanoke,
US-VA-Norfolk, US-VA-ArlingtonSchedule: Full-timeTravel: Yes, 25 %
of the TimeReq ID: 222251#LI-EH #T&D
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Arlington , Program Management Lead - Mid Atlantic T&D, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!