Conference Services Manager
Company: Le Meridien Arlington
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Create the desired conference and meet clients' needs through
active communication, planning, and team leadership.
- An understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual
- Understand the importance of raising the meeting planner
evaluation scores and implement effective methods to ensure
exceeding meeting planner satisfaction.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Consistently participate in the re-booking of repeat business by
having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE,
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing
skills as well as negotiating skills.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus,
and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and
innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event
execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a
plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation
of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders
generated by the Convention Services Department.
- Experience providing Audio/Visual equipment and operating
Audio/Visual as a profit center.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and
- Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes
for the operating departments.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client
satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
In the urban village of Rosslyn, Le M--ridien Arlington is
centrally located among top destinations in the Washington, D.C.
region. This stylish boutique hotel is also close to numerous
restaurants, shopping options, and corporate offices. Amuse boasts
innovative Italian cuisine as well as an inviting terrace with
close views of the Potomac River. Meanwhile, Amuse Bar is a
sophisticated setting for lounging and enjoying signature cocktails
and renowned wines. Our 154 engaging guest rooms and suites provide
ample space for business, leisure, or an intersection of the two.
Le Meridien Arlington inspires its artists to savor the culture and
enjoy the offerings of its local area. Together with competitive
benefits programs to include the tuition reimbursement program and
employee assistance program, creative and health initiatives, our
artists collaborate together to cultivate and make new experiences
come to life.Don't meet every single requirement of this job?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely
to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At
HEI we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace,
so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't
align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we
encourage you to still send in your information. You may be the
perfect candidate for this or for other roles within our
organization!We value U.S. military experience and invite all
qualified military candidates to apply.
Keywords: Le Meridien Arlington, Arlington , Conference Services Manager, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!