Company: NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association
Posted on: June 23, 2022
NTCA - The Rural Broadband Association is looking for a Meetings
Manager to join our Meetings department. This position will report
to the Director of Meetings and will play an integral role in
planning and executing various association meetings and conferences
for both in person and digital formats. As our Meetings Manager,
you will have the opportunity to work closely with other Meeting
department staff on meeting logistics, establish and maintain
budget for meetings, and work with various outside vendors such as
hotels, convention centers, and AV companies.
What will you do?
- Negotiate and contract for, plan and execute various
association meetings and conferences. -Assist in evaluating hotel
properties for future meetings and contracting future meeting
properties. -Budget for future meetings. -Develop meeting
logistical requirements for hotel convention services department.
-Work on logistical meeting details, including handling VIP
requests for various meetings. Provide on-site logistical
management of meetings. -Review hotel bills for accuracy and
allocates all charges to the proper department.
- Oversee and manage housing needs for various association
meetings as needed.
- Responsible for and works closely with other Meetings
department staff on logistics/projects related to multiple
association meetings and conferences.
- Responsible for offsite events and tours for various
- Prepares and reviews promotional and website content (including
app content) for various association meetings. Contributes to and
edits promotional materials and master schedule for various
- Work with member engagement staff on EXPO related logistics as
needed. Work closely with the Finance department on budgets and
department's expenditures, as needed. -
- Serve as primary contact with affiliates for their meeting
- Work closely with the Director of Meetings and Meetings Manager
in the development of long and short-range plans, strategic
endeavors and budgets.
- -Works collaboratively across the division and the organization
to actively assist where needed and seeks out ways to add value to
- Perform other special projects or duties, as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following position
- Practical knowledge, skills & abilities usually acquired
through an undergraduate degree
- Minimum of 4-6 years of related work experience
- Willing to travel to events and site tours as needed
- CMP preferred but not required
- Association experience preferred but not required
- Understanding and good knowledge of computer systems, software,
and database management; meeting, conference, and logistics; hotel
industry, operations, policy and administration; technology as it
relates to meetings and general accounting principles and
- Interpersonal and oral & written communication skills; and good
organization, negotiation, and project management skills.
Why work for us?NTCA offers competitive salary and excellent
benefits including, health and wellness plans, Metro/parking
subsidy, flexible work schedules, multiple retirement programs, and
many more. We are located in a modern office within walking
distance of the Ballston Metro Station.
Keywords: NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association, Arlington , Meetings Manager, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!