Director Of Project Services
Company: Robert Half
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Title: Director of Project Management This will be a full time
direct hire. The client is located in Arlington, VA. This will be a
hybrid position a couple days a week in the office. Full benefits
and annual Bonus! You will oversee all project aspects, keeping
projects running on track and within scope from start to finish. On
a daily basis, you will work with our engineering and product teams
to plan and arrange work as well as ensure the cross-functional
teams are aligned on progress, status, and scope. You will also
work with our executive team and enterprise clients to orchestrate
engagements, understand requirements to aid in their strategic
prioritization, as well as negotiate solutions to issues as they
arise.Primary Responsibilities: Key Strengths:
- Sophisticated communicators who convey progress effectively in
a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment.
- Strategic organizers who smoothly orchestrate project schedules
and task documentation while juggling competing demands.
- Resourceful thinkers who anticipate potential risks and develop
solutions that lead to better outcomes.
- Responsible achievers who ensure proper project development,
follow through on all commitments and deadlines and demonstrate a
willingness and aptitude to learn.Objectives for this Role:
- Build and develop the project team to ensure maximum
performance, providing purpose, direction, and motivation.
- Lead projects from requirements definition through deployment,
identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project
implementation plans, including risk mitigation.
- To coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring
projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in
collaboration with project staff from various functional
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope,
timelines, and costs to ensure that project team adheres to project
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate client
stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and
- Manage key relationships with external vendors working as part
of various project teams.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time within the stipulated
scope and budget.
- Manage and motivate the team and its effectiveness to
performance, training, and documentation; conduct performance
evaluations; oversee PTO requests/approvals and make
recommendations regarding hiring and termination.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- Lead the initiation and planning of a project and ensure
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop detailed plans to monitor and track the progress of
- Coordinate with internal and external parties for the flawless
execution of projects.
- Manage relationships between clients and stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with external vendors.
- Measure project performance using appropriate project
- Perform risk management analysis to reduce project risks.
- Report and escalate to upper management as needed.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive project
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.Skills
- 7+ years project management experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proven success working with all levels of management.
- Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines.
- Experience coaching and educating project teams to strengthen
team members' capabilities and skill sets.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively
build and extend relationships.
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities and multi-task a
variety of requests.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office/O365, SharePoint.
- Experience with project management/collaboration software;
Jira, Confluence, and Microsoft Project.Preferred Qualifications
- Project management experience in the Life Insurance
- Exposure to companies going through Agile Transformations.
- Experience managing projects within an Agile Framework to
include principles, tools, and ceremonies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects successfully,
develop process and workflow documentation, and think
critically.Sell on Job
- Full Health Benefits. Medical, Dental and Vision.
- Excellent 401k Plan.
- Work Remote 3 days a week.
- Annual Bonuses of up to 25% of Base salary.
Keywords: Robert Half, Arlington , Director Of Project Services, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!