Director of Nursing
Company: BrightStar Care of Arlington/Alexandria
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionDirector of Nursing Job DescriptionJob
Description Summary:The Director of Nursing (DON) shall be a
Registered Nurse who is responsible for the overall direction of
home health clinical services. The DON will have overall
responsibility for the quality, adequacy of services provided and
supervision of staff. The DON establishes, implements and evaluates
goals and objectives for home health services that meet and promote
the standards of quality. The DON assures that care is coordinated
between services and that all of the client's needs are identified
through the assessment process and addressed through the
implementation of the Plan of Care and supervisory process.
- Provides care as defined within the scope of nursing practice
and the Regulated Health Professions Act.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates
the client's nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions.
- Provides those services requiring substantial and specialized
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Prepares clinical and progress notes and summaries of
- Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the
patient's condition and needs.
- Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops,
recommends, and administers agency policies and procedures.
- Assesses competency of clinical staff and ensures staff is
assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety
of a client's care.
- Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel.
- Plans and implements in-service and training programs.
- Conducts performance evaluation of medical care-giving
- Oversees the maintenance of client clinical records,
statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and
reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance
with provincial and federal laws.
- Assures compliance with all provincial and federal laws
regarding licensure and certification of organization
- Identifies and participates in performance improvement
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home
health care. Shares information with appropriate organization
- Promotes home health referrals in the health care
- Works with community emergency response organization and local
public health departments, as needed.Qualifications:
- Current Certificate of Competence and in good standing with the
provincial College of Nurses
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Must have graduated
from a nursing accredited program.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical experience with at least
half of that time working in home health or related health care
organization. Minimum three to five years of direct employee
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff.
- Possess exceptional nursing assessment skills
- Comply with accepted professional standards of practice.
- Proven ability to build quality and implement improvements
within the operation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytic/Critical thinker.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully
with clients, staff and community.
- Treat clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and
presents a positive public image.
- Case management skills are a plus
- Policy development is a plus
- Ability to travel on a daily basis including weekends, nights
- Understands regulatory compliance
- Provincial requirement for the franchise location
- Provincial and federal regulations including but not limited to
OSHA, PrivacyEnvironment, Personal Protective Equipment or Physical
Demands Environment: Contact with clients under a wide variety of
circumstances. Care provided in client's living environment with
varying situations or in an institution such as a hospital. May be
required to respond to emergency situations. Travel required.
Position includes tasks that have the potential for exposure to
blood and other potentially infectious material (OPIM) such as body
fluids/tissues. Personal Protective Equipment: May include gloves,
mask, eye/face protection, and disposable outer covering or lab
coat. Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand walk, squat,
bend, kneel, reach, twist, push and pull. Varied assistance is
required depending on the ability of the client. Must be able to
lift up to 50 pounds. Visual and hearing acuity required.
Keywords: BrightStar Care of Arlington/Alexandria, Arlington , Director of Nursing, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!