Public Affairs, Senior Director
Company: PLUS Communications
Posted on: January 16, 2022
PLUS Communications is a full-service communications firm based
in Arlington, Virginia. PLUS Communications leads award-winning
campaigns integrating public affairs, corporate communications,
digital, advertising and media buying. PLUS means more!
PLUS Communications is looking for a Senior Director to provide
project management support, strategic planning, and build client
relationships for a large-scale public affairs and corporate
communications Fortune 500 client. In addition, this role would
support 1-2 smaller public affairs clients.
Your day in this position includes:
- Serving as a key advisor to the client - providing counsel on
day-to-day communications efforts and long-term strategies.
- Driving the workflow of a large-scale client campaign.
- Crafting narratives by distilling complex policy and regulatory
information into tangible messaging for a variety of
- Overseeing the development of media and messaging materials
(such as press releases, talking points, media statements, opinion
pieces, fact sheets).
- Serving as a liaison between PLUS' internal team, the client,
other agency partners and external vendors.
- Managing administrative procedures for the account - including
billing and contracting.
This job may be for you, if you:
- Can build trusted relationships and navigate difficult
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to manage several
projects simultaneously to ensure nothing falls through the
- Have experience synthesizing complex policy issues and/or
regulatory affairs at the federal or state level.
- Have a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Can balance a high-volume workload while maintaining attention
to the details.
- Can motivate a team to deliver high-quality results in
- Are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, no
matter the time commitment.
What we require:
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in public affairs or PR,
ideally in a PR agency, corporate communications function or
Capitol Hill/administration setting.
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to
synthesize technical content.
- Experience managing comprehensive communications
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various
communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social,
- Proven experience in writing and editing materials and working
with the press.
- Strong understanding of AP Style.
Benefits you will receive:
We offer competitive compensation with an opportunity for a
year-end bonus. Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We
also offer a paid maternity leave program, paid vacation and paid
sick leave. In addition, we have a work-from-home hybrid
PLUS Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Keywords: PLUS Communications, Arlington , Public Affairs, Senior Director, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!