Principal Engineer IAM (Identity Access Manager)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Principal Engineer IAM (Identity Access Manager)Arlington, VA6
Months Contract to PermEssential Duties And
ResponsibilitiesEstablishes and implements Identity & Access
Management security strategy and roadmap to reduce risk exposure of
THE CLIENT'S critical applications.
- Leads all application development teams in the integration of
Identity & Access Management into development pipelines by
proactively engaging development teams to identify vulnerabilities
and develop security requirements.
- Acts as an ambassador and subject matter expert for Identity &
Access Management security architecture and cybersecurity while
engaging with other lead technical leaders throughout the
organization in design and implementation of secure cloud enabled
- Manages large-scale Enterprise Identity & Access Management
initiatives and projects; and contributes as an Identity & Access
Management Architect or an Identity Security Expert to any project
requiring complex Security Expertise.
- Functions as a key member of the information security services
team working with a wide variety of other technical groups within
- Researches and develops Identity & Access Management strategy
IT prioritization Senior Leadership
- Establishes authentication and authorization security best
practices for all development teams to follow.
- Interprets technical documentation to drive implementation of
- Writes code for IAM component integration. i.e. Custom
Application connectors, scripts, programs, etc.
- Architects and implements new Identity and Access Management
systems for THE CLIENT'S products, employees, and cooperative
- Drives roadmap, strategy, innovation for all aspects of IAM
products including THE CLIENT'S's strategic cloud and mobile
- Develops, tests, implements, supports and enhances THE
CLIENT'S's "suite" of custom Enterprise Security Services such as
Identity Provider, Identification, Role Provider, and Auditing
- Acts as a project resource on various business application
development projects to promote secure software development and to
ensure that proper security controls are included in the
requirements, design, and implementation phases of the SDLC.
- Validates current- and future-state architectural models to
assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology
- Reviews solutions to ensure new and existing integrations are
implemented to best practice and security standards.
- Drives intake and fulfillment of bugs, fixes, and
- Provides subject matter expertise for supported security
technologies and during escalations.
- Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any
confidential information that he or she may possess in the course
of performing this position's job duties, in accordance with THE
CLIENT'S's Personnel & Administrative Policy and HIPPA Privacy and
Security Policies & Procedures Manuals.QualificationsFormal
Education RequiredBachelor's Degree in Computer Science,
Information Systems, Systems and Technology, Business
Administration, or related field. Master's degree
preferred.Experience And Certifications Required15+ plus years'
progressive experience in at least one of the following areas:
application development, systems integration, risk management
and/or identity and access management. Experience with a cloud
provider(s) Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure.In addition, 10+ plus
years' experience working with Application Development and Secure
System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, as well as ten
years' demonstrated experience as an application developer of
medium to large-sized, complex technology initiatives.Experience
with at least 2 of the following: Programming/scripting
Windows Server Products and the C# programming language. Experience
with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools
and test-driven development. Experience with Agile frameworks
preferred.Technical certification such as Microsoft Certified
Professional Developer (MCPD), Certified Information Systems
Security Professional (CISSP). Cloud Architecture and/or Cloud
Security Certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP) or Cloud Security
Alliance (CCSP, CCSK) (ISC)2 or working towards these
certifications.FLSA Status: ExemptKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required (as demonstrated by prior work experience):
- Knowledge of building and deploying RESTful APIs, HTTP, and web
- Knowledge of IAM protocols and specifications such as SAML,
OpenID Connect, 2FA / MFA, OAuth 2.0, Graph API, Active Directory,
LDAP and SCIM
- Knowledge of configuring, administering, and customizing
Identity Management Solutions such as Microsoft Identity Manager
(MIM/FIM/ILM/MIIS), or comparable Identity Management
- Knowledge of IAM technology and related vendors, including the
following: Okta, Ping, AD FS, PAM, Azure AD.
- Knowledge with a cloud provider(s) Amazon AWS, Microsoft
- Ability to understand, implement, and automate Identity &
Access Management controls in Amazon AWS or other public cloud
- Ability to define issues, establish facts and draw valid
conclusions and apply to work environment.
- Ability to lead people and foster collaborative skills and
consensus building while operating in a fast-moving environment as
demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Interpersonal skills, member service orientation and ability to
work in a team environment as demonstrated by prior work
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a
diverse membership, employees and/or vendors in a clear and precise
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook,
Power Point) in the day-to-day essential duties of the job.
- Ability to operate various office equipment such as personal
computer, copier, printer, fax machine or other job-related
- Ability to provide service excellence by building
relationships, being resourceful, responsive and
respectful.Essential Physical Requirements
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and extensive
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10
pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force
constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls
requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work
and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light
Keywords: REASONN, Arlington , Principal Engineer IAM (Identity Access Manager), Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!