Epic Training Manager
Company: GWU Medical Faculty Associates
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Position SummaryThis position works under the direction of the
Senior Director of Informatics and the Epic Project Director to
lead a comprehensive end-user training and education program for
Epic and other related informatics applications. The Informatics
Training Manager is responsible for communicating and creating
training policies and procedures across the organization and for
overall coordination and management of training activities and
trainers. The Informatics Training Manager is also responsible for
overseeing training staff members including principal trainers,
credentialed trainers and support staff as well as administering
end-user training programs for Super Users.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Managing all Aspects of Training Related to the Epic
- Developing the Learning Management System (LMS) to support the
deployment and tracking of Epic end user training
- -Creating a training registration process to support current
and future Epic end user training needs
- Define, lead, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Overseeing the creation, build and maintenance of Epic training
environments (MST, PLY, ACEs)
- Working closely with Epic (the Vendor) and the MFA Epic
application managers to ensure that MST, ACE, PLY are updated to
ensure they are in sync with new or changed workflows,
functionality, or software updates
- Determining the types of curriculum delivery methods (such as
instructor led classes, e-learning, and blended learning) that will
be used during all user training.
- Assessing risks and issues associated with the training
- Managing the process to train and certify credentialed trainers
- Helping Super Users stay abreast of changes or updates to
processes, workflows, or policies related to software used to
support patient careQualificationsEducation - - - - - - - - - -
- Bachelor's degree required (preferred informatics, IT, or other
- Master's degree desirable.Experience - - -
- Minimum of 3 years of electronic health record and/or practice
management systems required. Significant clinical experience with
training responsibilities may be accepted instead.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate some experience leading a
team and organizing training.
- Epic training experience strongly preferred.
Keywords: GWU Medical Faculty Associates, Arlington , Epic Training Manager, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!