Chief Financial Officer
Company: CHAP - Community Health Accreditation Partner
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP) is an
independent, non-profit accrediting body established in 1965. CHAP
standards assess the quality of healthcare in home and
community-settings nationwide including home health agencies,
hospices, private duty home care, home medical equipment suppliers,
pharmacies and providers of palliative care.
As a key member of the senior leadership team, the Chief Financial
Officer reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer. The
CFO position requires competency in both financial strategy and as
well as hands-on financial management. -
The CFO has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning,
implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related
activities of the company. This includes direct responsibility for
accounting, finance, forecasting, business intelligence, investment
& portfolio management, treasury, commercial lines of insurance and
all associated audit matters.
Responsibilities:General Financial Management:
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous
evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial
- Evaluates and advises on the financial impact of strategy and
- Identify financial risks and opportunities for the organization
and advise the President and CEO. -
- Maintains strong relationships with senior executives to offer
and execute financially sound business solutions.
- Ability to understand new market and industry issues quickly
and make recommendations.
- Oversight and accountability of Finance & Accounting functions,
including, but not limited to: billing and collections, cash
receipts, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable. -Oversight and
accountability for the monthly and year-end closing processes to
ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Development and presentation of financial reports and regular
updates to the President & CEO, to the Board Finance Committee
(monthly), and to the Board of Directors (quarterly).
- Lead the development and oversight of the annual budget
process, including presentation and gaining approval from the Board
of Directors. -
- Oversight and accountability for the timely and regular
analysis of financial trends and the associated impact on budget
and financial forecasting.
- Investment / Portfolio Management - manages external
relationship with investment advisors; monitors performance of
portfolio; maintains adherence to investment policy statement (IPS)
and communicates strategy to Finance Committee, when
- Treasury - manages cash flow, ensuring availability of
liquidity to meet all business obligations; works with investment
advisor to ensure appropriate allocation of invested assets.
- 401K / Employee Benefit Plan - serve as co-administrator of
company 401K plan; manage relationships with external investment
firm; monitor performance of all funds selected for inclusion in
Compliance and Internal Controls:
- Ensure legal and regulatory filings relating to finance, taxes
and wage reporting are filed in a timely manner, including: -
- Quarterly / Annual Wage & Earning Filings (Federal, State and
- Form 990 - Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax
- Form 5500 - Annual Return/Report of Employee Benefit Plan
- Oversight and accountability for compliance with GAAP and all
other accounting guidance
- Management & Oversight of Annual Financial Statement, 401K, and
Workers Compensation Audits
Knowledge, Skills, and Talents Required -
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage
well at all levels of the organization, including interaction with
member of the Board of Directors and with staff at remote
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability make decisions
with integrity and dependability based on accurate and timely
- Strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and general financial and accounting
practices, policies and procedures, including specific knowledge of
current laws and regulations.
- Strong Knowledge of budgeting, financial reporting and cash
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including
developed negotiation skills and the ability to forge professional
relationships with outside banking institutions, insurers, vendors
and financial contractors.
- Able to make important decisions in a fast-paced environment,
both as an individual leader and in collaboration with Senior
Leadership and Board Members.
- Ability to inspire and create trust.
Education and Experience Required -
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master's Degree with a
concentration in Accounting / Finance, or an equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible
financial experience required, with at least three (3) years of
experience at a senior level. -
- Experience with complex ERP and CRM systems, Budget and
Planning systems and Payroll (SAP Business One, Adaptive Insights
and ADP Workforce Now preferred).
- High-level of Excel knowledge required; proficiency with other
MS Office tools required.
- Experience in a non-profit and/or healthcare setting
- Experience with corporate governance.
- ERP - SAP Business One
- Budget and Planning - Adaptive Insights
- Payroll and HRIS - ADP Workforce Now
- Expense Reporting - Concur Solutions
This is a full-time position based out of our Arlington, VA office
with the possibility of working full time remotely. Due to the
nature of this role, lifting of materials and equipment up to 25
pounds is required. -Extended periods of sitting/standing are
Local and national travel is required. Fluency in the English
language is required. Candidates must be able to observe, discern
and comprehend written documents effectively to perform this job.
-Extended use of a computer and telephone are required. -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described
is representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position. -Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act.
Keywords: CHAP - Community Health Accreditation Partner, Arlington , Chief Financial Officer, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!