Supervisory General Officer Program Manager
Company: Air National Guard
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view
Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as Deputy Chief,
General Office Management Office (GOMO) at the National Guard
Bureau, sharing with the Division Chief the full scope of
responsibility for directing the activities of the Division and, in
the Chief's absence, possesses the same authority and
Learn more about this agency
- Accepting applications
- Open & closing dates
10/29/2021 to 11/12/2021
$122,530 - $159,286 per year
- Pay scale & grade
Few vacancies in the following location:
- Arlington, VA
- Telework eligible
Yes-as determined by the agency policy.
- Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
- Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes-You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in
accordance with agency policy.
- Appointment type
- Work schedule
- Promotion potential
- Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
- Supervisory status
- Security clearance
- Drug test
- Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
- Trust determination process
- Announcement number
- Control number
This job is open to
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or
- Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member
who is or was, working overseas.
- Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Federal employees - Excepted service
Current excepted service federal employees.
- Individuals with disabilities
- Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a
land or base management agency.
- Military spouses
- Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
- Veterans Clarification from the agency
Eligible NAF employees are considered under Hiring Path - "Federal
- Works with the Division Chief in planning, organizing, and
overseeing the activities of the General Officer Management Office
- Participates with the Division Chief in the exercise of
supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
- Serves as the command focal point for general/flag office
(G/FO) join matters, force structure and requirements, and
preparation/review of Congressional/legislative initiatives.
- Serves as the functional expert on all joint issues;
establishes a cohesive working relationship with the Joint Staff
and the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
- Serves as the Congressional Activities Officer for GOMO and
serves as NGB-GO's functional expert and lead for all budgetary
requirements including forecasting, planning and execution of the
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see
- The employee must obtain and maintain an appropriate (Secret)
- PCS expenses is authorized by Centrally Managed Account and
will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours,
to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Advance in hire may be authorized if there is demonstrable
proof provided on your resume
- Superior Qualifications Appointment (SQA) being
- Incentive for Prior Non-Federal Work Experience or Active Duty
Uniformed Service for Determining Leave Accrual Rate being
- All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty
station on military or commercial aircraft.
- Position may perform other related duties as assigned.
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience
requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions,
Administrative and Management Positions, for GS-0301, Miscellaneous
Administration and Program Series.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year
of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-13, or
equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience
includes comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the duties,
responsibilities, authorities, policies, and procedures as Deputy
Chief, General Officer Management Division managing National Guard
Bureau (NGB) programs to meet command, Air Force, and DoD wide
mission objectives and advising the Chief, GOMO, NGB, Director,
Army National Guard, Director , Air National Guard and the
Adjutant's General on all general officer management matters to
include accessions, assignments, retirements, force structure,
promotions, joint duty, acquisition, and professional
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS)
POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable
time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at
the GS-13 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements
for the GS-14 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS
position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE:
Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil
service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within
the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be
evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills,
abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the policies, principles, concepts, guidance,
procedures, techniques, and methodologies pertaining to legislation
(Title 10 U.S.C.) concerning General/Flag Officers (to include
selection, promotion, retirements frocking, brevetting, strengths
and ceilings, joint duty requirements, training, etc.).
2. Knowledge of the mission, roles, functions, organizational
structures, and operation of DOD and Air Force organizations
sufficient to provide commander level staff guidance to the Chief,
GOMO, the Chief, National Guard Bureau, Director, Army National
Guard, Director, Air National Guard and the Adjutant's General on
all general officer management matters to include accessions,
assignments, retirements, force structure, promotions, joint duty
acquisition, professional development, Active Components, and
3. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and
supervise, mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an
organization through subordinate supervisors.
4. Ability to analyze, plan, and adjust work operations of
subordinate organizational segments to meet program requirements
and objectives within available resources.
5. Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, clearly,
concisely, and with technical accuracy.
6. Knowledge of DoD, Joint ARNG/ANG, DA and DAF administrative and
financial management concepts methodologies, directives,
procedures, guidance, and policies necessary to oversee day to day
operations of the GOMO program.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for
appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify
the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total
number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service Programs
(i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical
competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable
training and experience that translates directly to paid
employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience,
including volunteer experience.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For
information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be
well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy,
displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above
for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice,
your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50
noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):..... click apply for
full job details
Keywords: Air National Guard, Arlington , Supervisory General Officer Program Manager, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!