Company: Sauer Construction
Posted on: April 10, 2021
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team and to
provide leadership for project teams, provide overall daily
management of projects and subcontractors, and to develop great
working relationships with clients. Typical Duties:
- Directs and responsible for all staff assigned to the project
through direct reporting typically consisting of managers and
supervisors heading up the various functions (i.e., Quality
Manager, Superintendents, Safety Manager, and others as appropriate
for the project).
- Understand and administer the Company's prime contract and
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and
performance standards within boundaries of Corporate/Division's
policy while assuring compliance with all Federal government
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret, and analyze
reports to ensure adherence to project budget. Manage financial
aspect of contract (rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to
protect Company's interest and simultaneously maintain good
relationship with client(s).
- Pre-qualify and evaluate potential bidders, issue, and prepare
inquiry packages; award contracts; and issue change orders.
Negotiate and process extra work claims.
- Prepare initial master schedule and oversee updates.
- Oversee cost control and change management systems.
- Responsible for the management and administration of the
project's Small Business Subcontracting Plan.
- Attend and lead project meetings, including progress,
pre-construction, and pre-award.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements
throughout the business unit.
- Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations,
fee, and pricing decisions.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project
- Oversee the administration of the quality assurance/quality
- Oversee project close-out; owner contact for
post-constructions, including warranty period.
- Provide on an as-needed basis estimating support for the
- Assume additional responsibilities as required by the
Division's operating needs or as directed/required by the Division
Manager. Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Accredited 4-year degree in Construction Management or Civil
- Minimum 5 years' experience with Federal construction
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, schedule, estimating,
purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, as well as
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficiency with computer applications, including MS Office
- Must have advanced presentation skills
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents,
drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
- Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as
Primavera and LEAN to benefit the project
- Must be LEED Accredited
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Sauer Construction, Arlington , Project Manager, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!