Company: Thompson Information Services---
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Thompson Information Services is looking for a results-driven,
entrepreneurial Managing Director for our Thompson business lines,
the most significant of which are Thompson Grants and Thompson FDA.
This is a mission-critical role as we continue to grow.
This position is for you if you thrive in a dynamic environment
where you pave your own path, are a strong leader and user-audience
- Full P&L responsibility for Thompson compliance publishing
divisions with a large focus on the Thompson Grants division
- Manage cross-functional team of editors, marketers, and sales
representatives with cross-dotted responsibility for data, event
and client services team
- Drive strategy around subscription product development, sales
efforts, and marketing outreach
- Partner with data team to evaluate expansion of prospect
- Provide input and drive internal processes related to product
lines, including fulfillment and customer service
- Position Thompson as a thought-leading brand externally through
networking and attendance at industry events
- Work with industry players to create mutually beneficial
- Serve as an executive management team leader
- Develop and meet annual budget goals Skills
- Previous P&L management preferred
- Experience with subscription products or membership
- Strong people management skills
- Previous domain experience in grants compliance or similar B2B
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
- Confident, team-oriented, self-motivated, outgoing and
Thompson, a division of Columbia Books & Information Services
(CBIS) is a growing provider of compliance information, training,
events and data. Our products include leading online subscriptions,
desk reference books, and a variety of training options (webinars,
elearning, live and virtual events, custom training).
Our work environment is extremely dynamic, team-based and high
energy. We take pride in encouraging employees to utilize their
creativity and suggest new ideas for products, events and
This is a full-time position reporting to the President and pays a
competitive base salary plus bonus. Benefits for our permanent
full-time employees include medical, dental and vision coverage, 3
weeks paid vacation plus 10 holidays, the opportunity to invest in
a 401(k) and a Metro subsidy.
Our offices are located between the Courthouse and Rosslyn Metro
stations and while we are currently 100% remote due to COVID-19
considerations, we will return to the office three days per week
once it is safe to do so. Staff can elect to participate in an
alternative work schedule with every other Friday off.
To learn more about the Thompson, visit . To learn more about
Columbia Books, visit .
Keywords: Thompson Information Services---, Arlington , Managing Director, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!