Business Development Manager - Navy
Company: FLIR Systems
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Be visionaryAt FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to
develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which
enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is
making a real difference in our world.Our products are used in a
wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect
criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security
around the globe, and protect our environment.We are looking for
individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement
of being on a team that wins.Job DescriptionBusiness Development
Manager - Navy AviationJob Description :The Business Development
Manager (US Navy Aviation) is responsible for the management and
growth of FLIR's business with the U.S. Navy airborne customer. The
individual will target specific platforms and customers that are
identified as appropriate candidates for FLIR's products and
technology. Working with current and new Navy customers to
establish requirements and mission needs that match FLIR's current
and future product capabilities, this person will present FLIR's
Electro-Optical technologies and products in an effort to secure
product orders, development contracts and program business
consistent with the forecast for the line of business. This person
will monitor and document market requirements and communicate these
to the product management group in an effort to have current and
future products better meet market needs. He/she will provide
customers with visibility to FLIR's product line, expertise in
EO/IR sensor systems and developmental capabilities at a variety of
forums to include; personal meetings, product demonstrations,
formal briefings, social events, trade shows and
- Responsible for meeting the established bookings plan for
products associated with the target customers and platforms.
- Responsible for identifying, qualifying and creating long term
relationships with military personnel at every level including
operators, buyers, requirements developers, program managers,
logistics planners, contractors and senior leaders.
- Responsible for presenting FLIR products, technology and
developmental capabilities to target military customers and prime
contractors supporting military customers.
- Potential forums shall include personal meetings, product
demonstrations, formal briefings, social events, trade shows and
- Responsible for tracking announcements and responding to
complex bid requirements, including detailed technical arguments,
protests, competitive responses and compliance to customer bidding
- Responsible for identifying programs of interest and customer
groups that match FLIR products and presenting them for a
pursue/no-pursue decision with senior management.
- Responsible for developing trusted coaches inside customer
organizations to help ensure that FLIR maintains a fair competitive
- Responsible for supporting product proposals as the Capture
Manager associated with assigned customers or assisting with other
proposals as directed.
- If requested, assists the customer through the specification
generation process when that proposal offers the potential for a
FLIR sensor solution. This includes theme development, pricing
strategy, support requirements and formulating key selling points.
Act as the primary customer advocate to ensure user requirements
for new capabilities are presented to product management. Once
accepted for pursuit, responsible for developing capture
strategies, making product recommendations and coordinating pursuit
plans and activities.
- Principal interface with the customers for all business
- Ensure that any and all technical issues are assessed properly
by product management and engineering; from a cost, schedule and
- Responsible for championing the product-development process
from a market perspective, to include articulating the market
opportunity, capture strategy, desired time schedule, desired
end-pricing and potential return on investment.
- Responsible for identifying and monitoring risks associated
with customer requirements and programs.
- Responsible for conducting product demonstrations as needed on
the ground or in flight to support product sales and training.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with FLIR OEM
business development personnel to ensure a well-coordinated sales
effort to both the OEM and military end-user.
- Responsible for providing weekly updates to the sales forecast
and timely inputs to the quarterly and annual sales plans as
- Following FLIR policies for travel, expenses, Code of Ethics,
and other FLIR corporate policies.
- Required to travel up to 50% of the time, providing support to
major program pursuits.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Position will be located near Patuxent Naval Air Station,
- BA/BS Degree or technical equivalent military/government
background or operational experience
- Knowledge of Profession/Principles/Trade:
- Demonstrated sales/business development capabilities in the
area of high value military imaging, electronics or equivalent
- Ability to setup, operate and demonstrate FLIR products
- Ability to develop and present the operational values of a
thermal imaging systems in a typical operating environment
- Ability to understand, document and tailor customer
requirements into a FLIR technical solution
- Ability to present technical information clearly and concisely
in front of small or large groups utilizing demonstration
equipment, multimedia tools and personal presentation skills
- PC Applications:
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and sales
force automation applicationsQualifications:
- Five (5) years prior business, acquisition or program
development experience or military equivalent acquisition or
operational experience desired
- Knowledge of the U.S. Navy acquisition process and operational
communities with a particular focus on Aviation, to include fixed
wing, rotary wing and unmanned airborne platform
- Familiarity with major US aerospace OEMs
- Possess an understanding of night vision/thermal imaging
technology and/or its applications
- Demonstrated ability to independently travel up to 50% of the
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to lift/maneuver equipment and transport cases weighing
up to 70 pounds as required in support of product
- Ability to obtain a security clearanceFLIR and all of our
employees are committed to conducting business with the highest
ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all
applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our
reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important
to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing
solutions.FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: FLIR Systems, Arlington , Business Development Manager - Navy, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!