VP, Business Development, Federal
Company: Magellan Health
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Develops a strategically aligned business development pipeline
using the combined capabilities of Magellan Federal and Magellan
Health. Primary focus is the identification, development,
qualification, capture and acquisition of large and strategic
opportunities to drive Federal services revenue growth. Provides
consultation on marketing and sales efforts as needed. Identifies
opportunities and markets, coordinates between Magellan Federal and
Magellan Health resources, develops and executes on specific
opportunity capture plans in collaboration with other business
areas. Builds and maintains collaborative internal relationships
with peers and external relationships with consultants, lobbyists
and payer decision-makers throughout the United States. Responsible
for identifying current and future client requirements and market
trends, and positioning Magellan Federal for business growth.
- Builds and qualifies business pipeline.
- Assesses market dynamics; develops and executes a growth
strategy based on market trends, Magellan capabilities, competitive
environment, and segment growth forecast.
- Develops product and market specific sales and marketing plans
and materials based on legacy Magellan Federal and Magellan Health
capabilities, client needs, market trends, and the competitive
- Develops and presents milestone briefings to senior management
in support of investing in and pursuing strategic
- Aligns sales strategy and resources around targeted
- Engages customers in identifying and shaping opportunities.
Actively markets the company brand, establishes customer
expectations and shapes opportunities by creating white papers,
responding to RFI's and RFP's.
- Supports captures and proposals to maintain continuity across
the business development lifecycle enhancing the ability to
- Provides strategic leadership and guidance to meet the needs of
the assigned product and/or service.
- Manages Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for targeted
relationships to increase RFP pipeline and wins.
- Promotes and may assist with implementations of new programs
and services to enhance relationships with key stakeholders.
- Supports development of Requests for Proposal for procurement
and program expansion.
- Supports continuous improvement of Business Development tools
- Supports organization audits and compliance.Other Job
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of progressively responsible
Federal Business Development (sales, marketing, capture, proposal)
experience, preferably across the healthcare industry, with a
recent record of profitable wins and program delivery.
- Has a strong network of customer contacts, familiar with DoD,
DHS major programs and upcoming initiatives.
- Comprehensive understanding of federal contracting and
- Experience developing complex products and services with
- Solid understanding of customer and revenue generation in the
- Effective leader/participant in formal presentations to
leadership, clients and potential teaming partners; proven track
record of building winning teams.
- Experience establishing a highly accountable,
performance-driven team culture, critical for growth.
- Strong financial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to succeed in a highly collaborative
- Ability to lead business development, capture, proposal
development, pricing and creative functions.General Job
InformationTitleVP, Business Development, FederalGrade33Work
ExperienceBusiness Development, Healthcare,
MilitaryEducationBachelors (Required)License and Certifications -
RequiredLicense and Certifications - PreferredMagellan Health
Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a
Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must
understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and
security controls unique to their position.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Arlington , VP, Business Development, Federal, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!