Systems Engineer - Earned Value Management
Company: CENTRA Technology
Posted on: January 7, 2021
CENTRA Technology, Inc. is a leading provider of engineering,
scientific, and program management support services to the Defense
Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). CENTRA Technology, Inc.
is currently seeking talented, enthusiastic, quality-focused, and
results-oriented systems engineers with hands-on experience in
Earned Value Management (EVM) to be key members of our systems
engineering and technical assistance (SETA) activities for
government program managers. DARPA is our nation's forefront in
developing innovative technologies for national security. DARPA
seeks to make technological breakthroughs for dramatic future
impacts in a variety of areas including artificial intelligence,
robotics, hypersonic systems, space, microelectronics,
cybersecurity, and synthetic biology. Candidates will provide a
range of technical and management support to DARPA in formulating,
coordinating, monitoring, and transitioning advanced research and
development programs to the U.S. military and its key
Program technical support and management responsibilities may
- Supporting technical/cost trade studies, assessment of system
performance (technical, schedule, risk and cost), and independent
analyses on the progress to date across hardware/software design,
development and test activities.
- Providing program management and acquisition support to include
EVM, source selection, contract modifications, cost estimating,
financial management, schedule assessment, and applicable special
studies to facilitate transition opportunities.
- Assisting in the planning, and monitoring and reporting on
progress in system design, development, testing and capability
- Supporting technical interchange meetings and design
- Leading programmatic and technical discussions with government,
industry, and academia teams.
- Performing program oversight of program activity scheduling and
milestone and ensuring all critical elements are addressed and
monthly statuses are appropriate.
- Authoring and presenting program plans, status briefings and
Candidates will work closely with Government Program Managers as
well as high-level personnel throughout the government and industry
research and development communities. Applicants must be
technically oriented and possess superior oral and written
communications skills. Candidates should be self-starters capable
of working both independently and as part of a team. Travel is
Desired qualifications (at least four or more of the
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science is
- Systems engineering background with experience managing
schedule, budget and program risks for fast-paced advanced
- 5 or more years' experience with assessing progress in
completing component/subsystem and system level designs,
development and test activities.
- Experience in conducting program technical, schedule, and cost
assessment activities within highly technical teams for large (>
$100M) system development and demonstration programs.
- Ability to quickly identify program execution issues and
recommend mitigation strategies.
- Hands-on detailed analysis of contractor, academia, and/or
government organization's technical, schedule, risk and cost
reporting data, including quantitative and qualitative assessment
of proposal, initial baseline and monthly progress information and
forecast of a defensible range of estimate at completion (EACs) for
- Experience in EVM across requirements generation, acquisition
strategy development, request for proposal (RFP) development,
source selection, risk management, integrated baseline review
(IBR), and comprehensive analyses during program execution.
- Proficient in the language, data reports, analytics, metrics,
graphs, and management processes associated with EVM as they apply
to DoD acquisition management.
- DAWIA certification (or commercial equivalent) in EVM, cost
estimating, financial management or engineering is desired.
Keywords: CENTRA Technology, Arlington , Systems Engineer - Earned Value Management, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!