Design Project Manager
Company: Nestle USA
Posted on: November 20, 2020
You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of
your favorites like Stouffer's, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine
and DiGiorno, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and
Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we're creating
a workplace where collaboration is important, courage is rewarded,
speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers
every single day.
Our Design Center of Excellence brings to life Nestl-- brands, with
the focus of this role on International Premium Waters' (IPW)
vision for refreshment with the pedigree of Perrier, San Pellegrino
and Acqua Panna. This is an exciting opportunity to join an
expanding team and organization that creates holistic,
consumer-obsessed experiences using a people-centered process for
our brands.--We are looking for talented, ambitious individuals to
join us; strategic creative thinking with a holistic attention to
detail - delivering desirable products with passion.
The Design Project Manager is a cross-functional role within
Nestl--'s Design Center of Excellence (Design CoE),
with--responsibility for the management of Design-to-Delivery (D2D)
process from project kick-off to final approved artwork for new
innovation/renovation product development through the
Idea-to-Launch (I2L) process and major package redesign and
off-pack design projects. Key responsibilities will be:
- Leading cross-functional project teams & business processes
inclusive of: Package Structure Design, Graphics Design, and
Labeling Copy and Content Development.
- Ensuring process adherence by applying best practices to drive
a seamless transition of concepts to executable artwork.
- Being a neutral cross-functional process driver; a single point
of contact for global and regional project labeling and artwork
content creation process excellence, with an end-to-end
accountability connected to regional project status through
- Establishing realistic project scope and timelines via a
formalized project briefing process as well as formal alignment via
D2D and I2L governance process - driving for clarity and formally
- Group facilitation and proactive collaboration across partners
such as: Marketing, TAG Packaging, Legal, Regulatory, R&D,
Artwork/ Production/ Pre-press Drivers
- Upstream innovation processing for new product development,
package design and labeling content creation: working from kick-off
briefing, through Discovery to Creation phases of the project to
management design lock; ensuring a seamless transition of finalized
Adaption design/templates to the Artwork execution process.
- Providing transparency and information to Nestl-- Project
Management and Marketing departments for delivering key package
label & artwork content creation milestones, synchronized with the
I2L process and reporting to key business partners on project
milestone status via high level dashboard metrics.
- Initiation of a formal escalation process to address critical
issues, project scope changes or roadblocks as appropriate with
Design CoE Leadership Team and key business partners.
- Assisting in Design CoE department stewardship, change
management programs / ongoing process communications and
- Supporting the Design CoE on Continuous Improvement
initiatives: Proactively identifying areas for process and
performance improvements, elimination of execution barriers,
embraces the idea of trying new processes, new management tools,
crafting globally consistent policy across all across
- Minimum of completed Bachelors Degree
- Thorough knowledge of the consumer product industry or relevant
experience in adjacent industries is preferred.
- Proven ability to drive process in complex, interrelated
cross-functional new product development and large-scale brand
redesign projects is required.
- Demonstrated strategic business and analytical skills;
including understanding of key project management principles in the
product development space (Time, Cost, Compliance, Feasibility,
Risk Assessment, Design Goals, Problem Solving, Metrics, Formal
Alignment) and how to leverage this knowledge to make sound
business recommendations in a fluid strategic environment is
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and lead
productive discussions without line authority to create alignment
of senior cross-functional stakeholders is required.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), strong
interpersonal and team facilitation skills are required.
- Ability to drive a team forward, stay on track and reconfigure
and reform project delivery process if significant scope changes
- Comfortable in facilitating a professional, fact-based,
transparent, escalation process when necessary, removing roadblocks
and securing project alignment on time as required.
- Location for this position is in Arlington, VA and will require
up to 25% domestic travel.
- Prior agency or creative studio experience a plus.#LI-MS1
Keywords: Nestle USA, Arlington , Design Project Manager, Executive , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!