Company: BAE Systems
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Job DescriptionThis Position Description (PD) defines the roles
and responsibilities of an Engineering Technologist in support of
the Government s Requirements and Development Division (N-50)
objectives. The Engineering Technologist will support the on-site
Government staff of the NATO SEASPARROW Project Office (NSPO), as
- Develop program planning orbudgeting documentation and conduct
analyses to identify and establish program objectives, schedules,
and coordination requirements in support of new Missile, Software,
and Combat Systems program initiatives.
- Provide technical, logistical, and programmatic support to
develop the products required during the NAVSEA acquisition process
to supportMissile, Software, and Combat Systems initiative
- Support Missile, Software, and Combat Systems program
initiatives from requirements definition to development of
engineering programs using the NAVSEA Technical Review Manual (TRM)
to establish Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR)
- Possess an understanding of technological concepts in
electronic, electrical, mechanical, and related technological
disciplines to support Missile, Software, and Combat Systems
initiative design and production documentation, as well as test
plans and procedures.
- Assist in the technical management and planning for, system
level design, production, and incremental improvements to
production hardware and software baselines (Combat System and
- Coordinate preparations in support of divisional
briefings/meetings (as required or requested), and
coordinate/assist in documenting the outcomes, via notes, or report
generation, and correspondence routing.
- Maintain and track divisional Action Items using a centralized
data base via data entry, preparing reports, coordination, and
liaison with team members to prepare status presentations.
- Provide technical and programmatic support to the
Divisional/Organizational Risk Review Boards. Provide Risk
Management support via divisional risk reviews, maintenance of the
individual risks, and develop draft presentations.
- Provide information retrieval and distribution services from
local resources, the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) intranet,
Internet, the Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) Product Data
Management (PDM) system, Logistics & Engineering Data System
(LEDS), and classified material transfer and transmittal through
the Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) and NATO
SEASPARROW Performance Assessment Network (NPAN) tools to support
Missile, Software, and Combat Systems initiative requirements.
- Provide derivative classification marking coordination of
Missile, Software, and Combat Systems documents as required.
- Compile, catalogue and maintain inventory of classified
materials in Divisional safes. Conduct periodic audits and provide
reports as required or as requested.
- Provide real-time management of Missile, Software, and Combat
Systems initiatives via the Limited Access Data Sites located in
the NATOSEASPARROW.org website to ensure online data
repository/share point system is current, to include
uploading/downloading materials as necessary.Required Education,
Experience, & SkillsMinimum Education and Experience:6 Years with
HS, or4 Years with AA, or2 Years with BS, or0 Years with MS,
or8-Years of experience with Combat Management Systems, Fire
Control Systems and Missile Systems.Preferred Education,
Experience, & SkillsThis position description requires that the
candidate possess the requisite core competencies:
- Displays a sound understanding of industry practices,
techniques, standards; utilizing a broad application of concepts
- Works to develop solutions on a variety of problems of
increased scope and complexity; referencing policies and practices
- Works under general direction from supervision; products are
reviewed for judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Is accountable for completion of projects and goals.
- Collaborates with contacts primarily at the customer work site,
as well as Field Activities, and Design Agents.
- Also required:
- Working knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office suite SW
- Knowledge of DOD Acquisition RegulationsEngineering
Technologist85975BREEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities .
sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Keywords: BAE Systems, Arlington , Engineering Technologist, Engineering , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!