Senior Fire Protection Engineer - Aviation & Federal (Arlington)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DescriptionThe Senior Fire Protection Engineer will lead the
team in the design work on multi-discipline projects and lead the
preparation of comprehensive fire protection packages including
fire suppression, fire alarm, smoke management, and life safety.
The Senior Fire Protection Engineer will lead in the evaluations
for new and/or existing life safety programs, lead in the
construction administration process and travel to the client sites
- Lead the design, specification, and multi-discipline
coordination of the following fire protection systems: Wet-pipe,
dry-pipe, pre-action, deluge, and foam/water fire suppression
systems. Fire water supply infrastructure including fire water
storage tanks, fire pumps, underground and aboveground distribution
piping and associated appurtenances. Outdoor fire suppression
systems including monitors, spray systems, and exposure protection
systems. Addressable and non-addressable voice evacuation fire
alarm systems including initiation devices, supervision devices,
and audible and visual notification appliances. Releasing systems
for pre-action, foam/water, and clean agent systems.
- Evaluate and lead the creation of fire protection calculations
including the hydraulic analysis of fire water supply and demand,
battery calculations, and voltage drop calculations.
- Lead the evaluation of building and life safety requirements
including building area and height limitations, building
construction types, fire resistive assemblies and opening
protections, occupancy classifications, hazards, building egress,
and active and passive smoke management systems.
- Lead the construction administration including coordination
with field personnel to resolve design related installation issues,
the review of contractor shop drawings and calculations, field
inspections, and testing of fire protection systems.
- Prepare and present technical and client reports and
- Build effective relationships with existing clients, customers
and contractors and develop new business opportunities.
- Manage sales and marketing efforts and identify key
- Responsible for ensuring revenue and customer satisfaction
goals are met.
- Manage the development of cost proposals and qualification
statements to achieve stated targets and standards for financial
performance. Present project budgets and cost estimates.
- Track project performance.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to the
- Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Candidate shall have a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science
degree in fire protection engineering or related engineering
discipline from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimum 7 years related design experience (completion of
master's degree in fire protection engineering may be substituted
for one year of experience).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong
analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Candidate should have advanced knowledge of appropriate design
tools such as hydraulic calculation software, AutoCAD or Revit,
Excel, and Word. Position requires an experienced and competent
individual capable of successfully solving challenging problems
requiring adaptation and modification of standard techniques,
procedures or criteria.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain access
authorization to facilities and data of existing and potential
clients, including, but not limited to DOE, aerospace, military,
food and consumer product manufacturers, pharmaceutical,
laboratories, and others necessary to perform work.
- NICET certification and experience working with military
standards are strongly preferred.
- Professional Fire Protection Engineer (P.E.) license
Protection EngineerPrimary Location US-VA-ArlingtonOther Locations
United StatesSchedule: Full-timeTravel: Yes, 20 % of the TimeReq
ID: 211601\#LI-KZ \#A&F
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Arlington , Senior Fire Protection Engineer - Aviation & Federal (Arlington), Engineering , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!