DevOps Engineer: remote/contract
Company: IDS International
Posted on: April 8, 2021
DevOps Engineer Contract Position Why IDS?----IDS believes in
resolving conflict, building innovative approaches to do so.
Combining operational expertise with an intimate understanding of
todays greatest challenges, we bring our customers the solutions
required for success in a complex and multidimensional world. IDS
tailors solutions for a diverse range of government, military,
nonprofit, and public-sector clients.Outstanding past performance
built IDSs reputation as the leading provider of support for
multifaceted operations.IDS Internationals Cyber and Information
Warfare Division is seeking a 1099 DevOps Engineer to assist with
our needs. This is a remote position, requires contractors to have
their own computer and will not offer benefits. Join our team in
building an innovative platform to train our military on electronic
and information warfare!Responsibilities:
- Work with the Development team to create new or maintain
existing automation and orchestration capabilities.
- Maintain infrastructure-as-code solutions produced by the
Development team.Required Qualifications:
- Two or more of the following:
- At least seven (7) years of professional experience--
- At least three (3) years experience with VMware ESX,
- At least two (2) years of experience with automation tools,
such as Terraform and Ansible.
- At least two (2) years experience with scripting languages,
such as shell script, Python, or PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g.,
TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, and HTTPS).
- Ability to explain system specifications and functionality to
customers, and ability to collect and transfer customer
requirements to specific technical tasks.
- Assist other engineers in creating practical demonstrations of
proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, including
Docker, Kubernetes and others.
- Experience working with XML, JSON and YAML for
- Able to meet deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Hold US citizenship.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with a government contractor.
- Experience in a cybersecurity or cyber warfare industry.Must be
an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most
positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer
for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading,
reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing
recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal
format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a
workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as
speak and hear.Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or
move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds.
Regular and predictable attendance is essential.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.If
you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to
someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow up with you.
Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.Powered
Keywords: IDS International, Arlington , DevOps Engineer: remote/contract, Engineering , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!