F-35 Senior Network Engineer
Company: Softworld, Inc.
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Job Number: 234208F-35 Senior Network EngineerDo you hold an
active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work
that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex
problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity
and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that
makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?Softworld's
client was awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program
support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information
assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual
Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint
Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management,
enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture,
implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life
cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data
management, service desk support and IT training. We are building a
team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Senior
Network Engineer. Job Duties:
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring
information systems operations.
- Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network
operations and maintenance.
- Troubleshoots network performance issues.
- Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility
hardware and software problems.
- Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper
escalation during outages or periods of degraded system
- Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of
network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products
including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison
and cost studies.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities
that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems
design, integration, and implementation, including personnel,
hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and
existing software products.
- Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems
operations activities, including computer and
telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data
control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support,
operating systems programming, system security policy procedures,
and/or web strategy and operations.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards
and budget constraints.
- Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support
of network facilities, including all communications equipment on
various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
- Supervises complex operations that involve two or more
additional functions such as, but not limited to, network
operations, systems security, systems software support, and
production support activities.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of
the network facilities (including power, software, communications
machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and
diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes
improvements to the network.
- Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the
protection of computer networks and information.
- May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will
safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure.
- May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.Minimum
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems, or related IT discipline.
- ALLOWABLE SUBSTUTION: Six (6) years of related experience or
four (4) years of related experience with an AA/AS degree.Minimum
- Six (6) years of experience in an enterprise LAN/MAN/WAN
- Four (4) years of concurrent experience in network
administration and analysis.
- Experience working with appropriate complex network
administration and maintenance.
- Experience working with complex system implementations and
organizational processes to include maintaining network system
- Experience maintaining the integrity and security of networks
and connected systems.
- Experience evaluating vendor products and making
recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and coordinating
- Experience in developing and monitoring policies and standards
related to the use of computing resources.
- Experience in developing and implementing testing strategies
and documenting results.
- Certified as:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD
8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program
- Security Clearance:Secret clearance based upon a SSBI or
SSBI-PR completed within the past five years. THIRD PARTY AGENCIES,
SUBCONTRACTORS, AND RECRUITERS NEED NOT APPLY. Applicants received
from firms will not be considered. Subcontracting is not available
for this position. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Softworld, Inc., Arlington , F-35 Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!