Senior Cyber Security Engineer
Company: Software Engineering Institute
Posted on: May 25, 2020
What We Do:The SEI helps advance software engineering principles
and practices and serves as a national resource in software
engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI
works closely with defense and government organizations, industry,
and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our
core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering
capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect
free, within budget and on time, every time.Position Summary:As
part of the Cyber Risk and Resilience Directorate, you will be part
of a team of engineers aimed at applying the latest tools,
techniques and methods to resilience challenges. The Senior
Cybersecurity Engineer will support the operational capabilities
and continued evolution of the Cybersecurity Assurance Team. The CA
team develops solutions (in the form of frameworks, models, tools,
policies, practices, technical guidance, and training) that allow
organizations to assess, analyze, and manage organizational,
operational, and technical risks to mission-critical assets,
processes, systems, and infrastructures. We support external
customers and internal SEI partners enabling growth of knowledge
and hands-on skills. This will require establishing strong customer
relationships and ongoing research to identify new
requirements/opportunities. The goal of the team is to promote
innovation and collaboration across customer programs and within
- BS in computer science, software engineering, computer
engineering, or a related field of study with 10 (ten) years of
experience or MS in equivalent fields with 8 (eight) years of
applicable experience or PhD in equivalent fields with 5 (five)
years of experience.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI's
overall mission; moderate travel (25")
- You will be subject to a background check and will need to
obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Candidates should have
experience/knowledge in several of the following:
- Familiarity with cybersecurity standards (e.g., NIST CSF, NIST
SP 800 series, ISO 27000 series, etc.).
- Subject matter expertise in the evaluation of cybersecurity
controls and practices.
- Experience with the evaluation of network architectures and
- Knowledge of critical infrastructure protection concepts and
- Ability to deal collaboratively, diplomatically, and
successfully with customers, co-workers and other professional
colleagues, managers, and staff.
- Knowledge of supply chain risk management concepts and
- Ability to communicate with a range of audiences ranging from
junior technical individual contributors to senior customer points
- Knowledge of information sharing practices and models.
- An understanding of maturity model concepts.
- Experience in an operational environment with an understanding
of service related processes and technologies. Desired Experience:
- Certifications: Certified Information Systems Security
Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager
(CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent
experience. More Information:Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to
learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring
innovations that change the world.A listing of employee benefits is
available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/Carnegie Mellon
University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Software Engineering Institute, Arlington , Senior Cyber Security Engineer, Engineering , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!