Principal Technical Product Manager US Based Remote Opportunity
Company: Common App
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Do you have a passion for higher education? Do you want to make a
positive impact on the college admissions process? Our staff help
to remove barriers and encourage students to forge their path to a
better future. Common App is a national not-for-profit organization
dedicated to the pursuit of access, equity, and integrity in the
college admission process. Each year we support more than 1 million
students, one-third of whom are first-generation, as they apply to
our more than 900 diverse member colleges & universities using the
Common App's free online application.
If you are an experienced Technical Product Manager professional
and want to be part of a mission-driven non-profit that uses
innovative technology to advance the college admission process,
Common App may be a great match for you. Common App is currently
searching for a Principal Technical Product Manager.
As a member of the Technical Product Management team, the Principal
Product Manager plays a key leadership role in the continued
success of the Common App system. They will collaborate with key
internal and external constituents to develop a comprehensive
understanding of the business processes, user needs, and
organizational goals that the Common App supports.
The Principal Product Manager will guide team members managing
their technical product roadmaps. They will define and manage
release goals across products, collaborating closely with team
members in technical product management, design, development,
quality assurance and operations roles to ensure the successful
definition, development, and roll-out of changes to the Common App.
In addition, they will play an important role in educating and
building consensus among internal and external communities.
The Principal Product Manager will own processes and tools to
achieve goal-aligned outcomes for the discipline. They will advance
continuous improvement in the practice of product management
discipline and be an advocate for the practice to other groups in
the organization. They will also have their own significant area(s)
of product responsibility to define and execute a technical product
roadmap, working with stakeholders to align business goals and
desired outcomes to technical solutions and successful product
This role requires:
- Candidates must live in the United States.
- 2 or 4-year higher education or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years in progressively responsible product management roles
required; experience managing projects required.
- Knowledge of Agile software development.
- Leadership skills in product roles in scrum teams
- Skills and experience managing own technical roadmap, ability
to navigate dependencies across to other product roadmaps.
- Strong knowledge of initiative / epic / user story writing;
ability to break down, prioritize and sequence complex work into
successful release outcomes.
- Ability to leverage architect, UX and QA knowledge and to
involve all disciplines in grooming of complex work.
- Experience managing stakeholder feedback loops throughout the
- Ability to adjust plan, requirements and schedule to changes in
demand or resources to achieve successful release outcomes.
- Solid knowledge of Windows / MacOS and mobile OS required;
knowledge of front and backend and web-based software architectures
and paradigms required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Credentials / experiences in various aspects of product
leadership and technical process management strongly
- Matrix work oversight experience with demonstrated ability to
manage progress of the team.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards, security approaches,
responsive design, design systems preferred.
- A passion for higher education is a plus.
Common App is a virtual first environment. We value our employees'
time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our
competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including:
- Vacation Leave (starting at 10 days per year)
- Sick Leave (15 days per year)
- Paid Holidays (New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day,
Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving
- Floating Holidays (9 days to be used at employee's
- Medical (2 plan options with Cigna including an option for 100%
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with annual employer contribution
starting at $1,500 or Flexible Spending Account (FSA), depending on
- Dental (plan with MetLife offering 100% employee coverage)
- Vision benefits (plan with Cigna offering 100% employee
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with 5% employer contribution +
additional 5% employer match
- Stipends (virtual office set up and monthly remote work
- Short + Long Term Disability (100% employer paid)
- Life + AD&D (100% employer paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life + AD&D insurances available
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Future growth opportunities within the organization
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our staff,
where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a diverse,
collaborative, team-oriented, creative environment where each
person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions,
planning, and culture.
How Do i Apply
To apply for this opportunity, send your resume and cover letter
with salary expectations.
Keywords: Common App, Arlington , Principal Technical Product Manager US Based Remote Opportunity, Education / Teaching , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!