Chief Investigative Reporter
Company: Bloomberg Industry Group
Posted on: June 22, 2022
You are an industry-recognized journalist who will bring an
investigative mindset to business and legal matters and produce
stories with impact. You will write hard-hitting stories that
affect change and break down complex issues clearly, accurately,
and in a way that makes readers take notice.
What You Will Do
- Lead by example, using your industry standing to guide your
colleagues across the Bloomberg Industry Group newsroom, partnering
on big stories to elevate their work and yours.
- Using newsroom objectives, independently identify which
investigative stories deserve attention - and which do not. Spot
regulations, policy decisions, legal developments, and daily
stories that need more scrutiny and then research and report to
produce stories that sound the alarm, changing laws and affecting
- Write with clarity and authority, engaging readers with your
- Work with our graphics, podcast, and video teams to tell
stories in the medium that works best.
- Provide solutions to problems in situations that are atypical
based on existing precedents or procedures.
- Meticulously report and fact-check your work.
- Write clearly and concisely on a range of complex issues,
always with an eye toward grabbing readers attention.
- Provide informal guidance and support to team members and
journalists across the newsroom.
You Need To Have
- A track record of producing clearly written stories on complex
issues that have led to change in the law and policy.
- An award-winning standing in the industry built on excellent
sourcing, a proven ability to obtain documents and data through
FOIA requests, and a working knowledge of data tools.
- At least 10 years' worth of experience as a journalist.
- A Bachelor's degree.
Bloomberg Industry Group IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully
subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Bloomberg Industry Group has adopted an Affirmative Action Program
to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for
hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity,
sexual orientation, marital or familial status, pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical issues, genetic information,
disabled veteran, veteran, a veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any
other classification protected by law.
INDG requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as
a condition of employment.
Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with
INDG's vaccination policy. All INDG employees must be fully
vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first
day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical
or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement but must have
an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment.
Keywords: Bloomberg Industry Group, Arlington , Chief Investigative Reporter, Advertising , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!