Company: George Mason University
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Schar School of Policy and Government
Alternate Department Description
Criminal Background Check
Standard Background Check
Motor Vehicle Background Check
Statement of Economic Interest
Role (State) Job Title
Gen Admin Supv 1/Coord 1
Commensurate with education and experience.
The George Mason University Schar School of Policy and Government
invites applications for the position of Office Administrator.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to
the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and
staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich
Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Position:
The Office Administrator will support the Schar School by managing
daily operations of the Arlington office. This position is
responsible for providing a full range of quality administrative
duties to be executed in a professional manner. This position may
additionally lend support to other units and offices on campus at
times. The Office Administrator serves as the point of contact for
all requests/questions from faculty, staff, students, other Mason
departments, and outside individuals and organizations.
This full-time position works collaboratively with faculty, staff,
and other professionals. The position manages the day-to-day
operations of the School office. Responsibilities include:
- Assist faculty with travel/reimbursement system;
- Assist students with travel arrangements - including logistics,
payment, and reimbursement procedures;
- Manage non-Mason employee travel logistics;
- Schedule out-of-town job candidates;
- Purchase all office, furniture, and computer supplies;
- Supervise student workers on a day to day basis;
- Input non-benefited individuals into Banner as directed by
- Serve as point of contact on security issues;
- Submit ITS requests for faculty and staff;
- Request, distribute, and track keys;
- Provide phone and visitor backup for front desk;
- Serve as backup to the Executive Assistant to the Dean;
- Complete special projects for the Dean's office as assigned;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Demonstrated relevant office experience;
- Advanced Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Well-organized, detail oriented, and team player with
outstanding multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to anticipate issues, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines,
and adapt plans in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrated skill in effective customer service;
- Demonstrated skill in effective verbal, interpersonal, and
written communication; and
- Ability to work well with co-workers and diverse faculty,
visiting VIPs, and outside individuals and groups.
- Experience working in a university setting/environment;
- Knowledge of Mason or other university applications such as
Banner and eVA; and
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply at
https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application;
and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional
references with contact information.
For Full Consideration, Apply by:
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Mason Ad Statement
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial
institution with national distinction in both academics and
research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report "Up and
Coming" spot for national universities and is recognized for its
global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in
Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135
countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in
Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning
locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a
campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is
meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at
our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its
community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or
veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Campus Safety Information
Mason's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at
Keywords: George Mason University, Arlington , Office Administrator, Administration, Clerical , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!