Posted on: May 13, 2022
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Administrative Assistant provides support to NatureServe staff
in documenting and processing agreements and payments with
NatureServe partner organizations. A primary focus is working with
Biodiversity Licensed Data Program Manager and Operations staff to
develop a centralized system for tracking and processing
NatureServe partner organization agreements, invoices, credits, and
payments. In addition, this position provides general
administrative support as needed including contact database
maintenance, file management, meeting and event support, and data
We prioritize work-life balance and support a flexible schedule.
This is a part-time position, working 30 hours per week. This role
includes an excellent benefits package. The ability to work 70% of
this time within standard business hours - Monday-Thursday, 9 AM -
5 PM EST and Friday 9 AM- NOON EST - is preferred. Location for
this role is Arlington, VA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage process for creating and processing agreements,
corresponding with NatureServe partner organizations, developing
and managing a system for tracking status of these
- Collaborate with NatureServe staff to gather input on
payments/credits owed to and from NatureServe partner organizations
and track status of credits and payments associated with these
- Assist with file management and directory updates.
- Provide meeting and event support to include scheduling
meetings, preparing materials, and taking minutes.
- Collect checks that arrive in the Arlington office via mail
once a week and serve as a backup for general Arlington Office mail
- Work with staff to collect and compile necessary information to
complete monthly corporate card reconciliation spreadsheet for
- Other duties as needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- One to two years corporate office related experience.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Detail-oriented, conscientious, takes initiative, and completes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new software.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and demonstrated ability to set
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people and be a
Familiarity with and commitment to NatureServe's focus on
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods
of the time.
- Requires frequent communication, verbal and written.
- Ability to hear well and speak clearly to engage effectively
with NatureServe network members and remote staff.
- Ability to lift and carry office supply deliveries,
audio/visual equipment, conference and meeting materials up to 25
- Requires ability to visually or otherwise identify, observe or
For nearly 50 years, NatureServe has been the authoritative source
for biodiversity data throughout the Western Hemisphere. With an
international network of nearly 100 natural heritage programs
across North America, NatureServe is the leading source of
information on rare and endangered species and threatened
ecosystems. To protect threatened biodiversity, NatureServe works
with over 1,000 conservation scientists to collect, aggregate, and
standardize biodiversity information, providing comprehensive data
to the public for strategic conservation efforts.
This role offers a comprehensive benefits package that
- 401K savings and retirement plan with matching
- Health and dental insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Annual and sick leave
- Life insurance
- Telework/Flex work
NATURESERVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
An equal opportunity, reasonable accommodations employer,
NatureServe complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of
1990. If you need accommodation in the employment process or this
document in an alternative format, please contact our office at
703-908-1840 or email@example.com. We stand in support of
equality for and advancement of all people based on their
qualifications and actions alone without regard to color, gender,
age, religion, national origin, or disability.
Keywords: NatureServe, Arlington , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!