Company: ICF Olson
Posted on: November 22, 2021
@ ICF Next,we are fearless in finding new ways to solve
problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and
committed to making a positive change in the world.
Here's your chance to join our award-winning agency, ICF Next.
We're changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives,
communicators, strategists, and technologists. We're currently
hiring a full time Administrative Specialist that enjoys planning
and implementing communications campaigns. This role requires a
public affairs/public relations background and experience in
supporting communications campaigns that enhance awareness, action
or understanding of a certain topic. Experience with Information
Technology with an emphasis on cybersecurity is preferred, but not
If you are passionate about strategic communications and have the
requisite prior experience, we'd love to talk to you. This is an
exciting role offering excellent opportunities to work in a
dynamic, collaborative, and uniquely positioned organization.
- Monitor shared email boxes and SharePoint-based task management
system for EA tasking; logging and tracking incoming requests in
accordance with established standard operating procedures, and
generating reports to assist with management and disposition of
- Research potential engagement events, prepare briefing memos,
talking points and background information to support engagement
- Prepare readaheads and other predatory material for leadership
concerning strategic engagements. Respond to requests for
participation in engagement events.
- Support the review, assignment (with approval from Government
staff), de-confliction and prioritization of EA Taskings.
- Proofread written materials for typographical, grammatical and
format errors; ensuring products are of consistent quality.
- Perform clerical functions associated with EA leadership
engagement activities such as preparing reports, tracking
leadership commitments and decisions related to engagement
opportunities, arranging and participating in planning calls, and
- Coordinate with ExecSec teams and other entities to employ task
management work flows, review and process informational materials,
secure applicable internal reviews, and ensure proper archiving and
- Monitor shared email boxes and SharePoint-based submissions for
meeting and speaking requests; logging and tracking incoming
requests in accordance with established standard operating
procedures, and generating reports to assist with management and
disposition of requests.
- Conduct research to gather pertinent information needed to
evaluate meeting and speaking requests, to include coordinating
with requestors and event points-of-contact to ensure required
- Support coordination of streamlined management review and
oversight of public speaking and meeting requests for CISA senior
- Facilitates the preparation of briefing memos for meeting and
- Leading planning initiatives related to large-scale speaking
engagements on behalf of CISA.
- Facilitate collaboration across the agency to integrate the
Director's vision, coordinate planning activities and messaging,
and ensure the timely delivery of materials.
- Support the review, assignment (with approval from Government
staff), de-confliction and prioritization of meeting and speaking
- Coordinate leadership and program liaison review and oversight
of public speaking and meeting requests, to include providing
support to the operation of speakers bureau and planning for such
- Prepare Speaking Request Forms, including pre-populating the
template and following up with the requestor for missing
information, then uploading the form in the SharePoint site.
- Prepare briefing memos for meeting and speaking engagements,
coordinate and compile information related to such engagements, and
securing applicable background/reference information (to include
- Perform clerical functions associated with speakers bureau
activities such as preparing reports, tracking leadership
commitments and decisions related to engagement opportunities,
arranging and participating in planning calls, producing weekly and
monthly reports, and scheduling meetings.
- Currently holds, or is able to obtain, DHS Fitness
- Associates degree in Marketing, PR, Communications, or related
- Minimum of one (1) year of demonstrated experience:
- Assisting in the planning for the strategic direction and
development of a comprehensive PR campaigns.
- Working with client and project team members.
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, especially written.
- Strong research and organizational skills
- PR agency, corporate or government agency experience
- Self-starter, with ability to manage tasks and handle multiple
priorities with minimal supervision.
Job Location(s):This position is located in Arlington, VA but is
currently remote/telework through the Covid-19 pandemic until
federal employees in the Capital Region are recalled back to the
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with
intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day.
Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle
unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and
governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual
respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're
seeking to make a difference in the world, visit to find your next
career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an
inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal
opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any
protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin,
color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation,
religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status.
Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and
collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy .
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide
proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of
employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of
your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after
receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited
to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and
individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of
the application and employment process. To request an accommodation
please email and we will be happy to assist. All information you
provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the
extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read
more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency
Arlington, VA (VA31)
Keywords: ICF Olson, Arlington , Administrative Specialist, Administration, Clerical , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!